9 people are viewing this hotel
US$355
Free cancellation until 21/09/30
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$302
1 111
1 118
1 111
1 118
All reviews shutters bar rental car close to the airport breakfast buffet pool area gift shop valet parking fire pit our honeymoon beach resort per day parking lot poolside bar grounds are beautiful pool towels north shore self park
Selected filters
19 - 24 of 2 861 reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

We stayed here during our 3 day stay in Kauai and we really enjoyed it. The pool area is very inviting and the hot tub is nice. It doesn't have a swimmable beach, but it is nice for walking. Service is good.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 571marlin
Kapule Kaona, Sales at Kauai Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Aloha 571marlin,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our 4 pools are very inviting and fun, particularly our 75ft lava tube waterslide. We love to hear that you enjoyed it very much and also taking nice strolls along the beach. Sunrise is my favorite! We hope you will visit us again. Thank you for choosing Kauai Beach Resort!

Mahalo,
Kauai Beach Resort

Reviewed 26 May 2021

I few in from Dallas, for my best friend's mother's day/birthday. I asked when I booked if they could do something special for her, as she's a respiratory therapist and I wanted to celebrate her. It's been 3 years since I last saw her and I was so excited to get some pamper time with my bestie. During check in, they asked to see my negative covid test, which was not a problem, except my phone was having problems connecting to their internet. I asked 3 times for help, and each time I they got a point to the sign with the pass codes. That wasn't the problem. So, I walked to the end of the parking lot and finally got it. My friend asked if she could get a ohana local discount to which the lady snapped " you have to have proof that you live here" ok, no problem...she had her Hawaii license. We finally got our room and were looking forward to having cocktails outside by the pool. Nope.EVERY SINGLE THING was closed except for the bar. So we each had 2 cocktails and 2 appetizers at the bar. So the bar closed about 9/10pm. So we go to bed looking forward to our free breakfast. I should have known that they didn't have any breakfast either. Overall, I spent WAY too much money for the horrible treatment for being a "mainlander" (they are proud people who do not want to have tourists.) I was told that straight up. They are "self sustained" no need money from tourists or "Haliies" as we are called. Needless to say, I will never be going back just to be treated as such a nuisance to their most beautiful and sacred place. I could only wish to be a part of the ALOHA and Ohana that they treat each other with .

No pictures top show because nothing was open.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 33tammyg

Aloha DrewandTania,

Thank you for taking the time to provide an honest review of your experience with us. Unfortunately with the COVID pandemic our food outlets and different areas of the Resort have been affected with staffing and service. However, as business is picking up, we are returning to full operation of all of our food outlets and services and amenities offered on property. I am disturbed to hear that your experience was overshadowed by the service or lack thereof, while at the Resort. We strive to provide the best experiences for all of our guests, regardless if you're a kama'aina or malihini (visitor). Please reach out directly to us to further provide clarification to your experience and how we can better assist you in winning back your loyalty and trust to stay with us again or to be recommended to your friends and family. Thank you again for your feedback, as this allows us to correct and improve our product and services.

Mahalo,
Kauai Beach Resort

Reviewed 17 May 2021

I would recommend this place to any of my friends. Great location, pool, and staff. Meals ran a little behind and many of the services were limited as they get back up to speed from the COVID shut down but the folks that are working there are making every effort to take care of the guests.
The view from our room was fantastic! Having the pool and the beach right there can't be beat!

Room tip: The ocean view is worth asking for!
Date of stay: May 2021
Kapule Kaona, Sales at Kauai Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Aloha R T,

Thank you for choosing Kauai Beach Resort as your choice of accommodation and for taking the time to share with us your overall experience. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to your friends and family. I have to agree, the view from our rooms are absolutely amazing! We hope that the different amenities and food offerings keep you coming back to Kauai and the Kauai Beach Resort. We hope to see you again soon!

Mahalo!

Reviewed 1 March 2021

We didn’t stay here for too long however we did find our stay while we were here to be good.

The lobby was cute and the staff were incredibly friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

The pool area seemed neat but some of the pools were closed for maintenance. They were clear about this when we booked so that was all good. They were fairly cold the days we went in November so not too many people were really enjoying them and we didn’t linger long.
The hours for the pool also seemed unnecessarily restrictive.

The beach was certainly ok but it was fairly rocky/difficult to get out far enough to swim. There is apparently elevated risk for jellyfish there too. Would recommend driving elsewhere for perfect swimming conditions.

The location of this resort is helpful and it is fairly central to a lot of destinations in Kauai.

This all being said their management seems a bit stingy prone to try to squeeze every penny out of you just like one would expect from lower tier resorts in the area. Even though the resort fee was “waived” due to covid/pool closure they still charged a significant amenity fee AND parking. Fees were essentially around half our room rate.
When the island shut down to tourism in December due to tighter covid restrictions there was no way to reach this hotel/management so I worry if there had been any false charges that I wouldn’t have found them.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank kierumcak
Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel. To be fair, all amenities are closed right now due to covid restrictions so some parts of the resort I can’t evaluate. The resort itself is beautiful and the people working there are very hospitable and welcoming. However, there was a cockroach in our room and the hot water was out for a day without warning. It is a beautiful resort, but based on our experience I would not recommend it to anyone else.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank gennaya
Alanna Le Sueur, Marketing at Kauai Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2021

Aloha gennaya,

Mahalo for joining us and for taking the time to share your honest review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our resort grounds and the warm aloha of our staff. However we're sorry to hear of the areas where we felt short. We take bugs in our rooms very seriously and would like to have our team inspect the room you stayed in. Please give us a call at 808-245-1955 and ask to speak to a manager on duty at your earliest convenience. Mahalo nui loa.

-Kauai Beach Resort