6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$493
MarriottUS$493
Hotels.comUS$493
PricelineUS$493
eDreamsUS$493
CheapTicketsUS$493
All reviews beach club murphy bed ocean front garden view mini fridge full kitchen barefoot bar close to the airport cruise ship marriott property large pool lihue airport great property beautiful grounds rented a car our honeymoon duke's restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2021

ALL rooms have only one layer of insulation and you can hear everything your neighbor room is saying and doing it is so loud in the early early morning. I called to ask to move rooms and they said they didn’t have any other rooms available and all the other rooms are the same. It sucks because we are woken up early in the morning and if we want to play music or make noise at night without being afraid of getting security called just because of this hotels poor insulation. Also, you can not charge things to your room, you have to pay as you go and hold your wallet around while at the pool and beach. Will not stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank amerk6492
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2021

Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry our resort did not meet your expectations. Please know with any noise concerns may be reported to our safety any security team while on site. We appreciate you giving us a try and hope you enjoyed the lovely area and your trip to Hawaii. Mahalo.

Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

This was our 5th time at this resort over 15 years, the last being about 5 years ago. It is showing it’s age. We expected some glitches due to the COVID restrictions and fact they have been basically closed with a couple months exceptions for a year. We used Vacation Club Points for a one bedroom unit.

Comments:
Rooms are tired, definitely need upgrading and spiffing up.
Beds - mattresses need rotating- indentations on one side.
Rooms were clean but not a comfortable chair or sofa in either room.
The hotel restaurant was open. The pool and beach were open. Hot tub was not open.
No housekeeping till you’ve been here 7 days and you must call 24 hrs before to schedule.
Guest laundry has very outdated machines.
The marketing function and hotel mgmt functions are totally separate. The “welcome desk” is marketing and cannot help with much of anything except giving the welcome pkg and scheduling the sales pitch. They’re not well informed re road closures or what shopping is available - in other words they are NOT a concierge. All staff were polite even if they couldn’t be helpful.
Since our departure flight was at 1030pm I booked a “parlor room” for the departure day but the hotel staff could not assist with that booking nor facilitate the transfer between rooms.

COVID and the sale of part of the property to Royal Sonesta has confused things considerably. You cannot charge meals or services to your room nor can you use points to purchase services - like massages, etc. This will probably get sorted out over the next year and many of the issues I hope will resolve when they are fully staffed. It is a beautiful location and we love the island. We’ll keep an eye on the Beach Club but will probably stay at the Lagoons or the Marriott property at Poipu on our next visit.

1  Thank janisj680

Hi Janis, thank you for sharing your detailed feedback. We are glad you loved the beautiful location and the island. Please know we renovate our villas at least every 5 years per the COA. We are glad all staff encountered were polite and friendly. Your comments will centrally be reviewed by the appropriate management teams for evaluation and improvement. We do hope for the opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

This is not a reflection of the staff or property, but unfortunately I have to give a negative review because the lack of housekeeping is completely unacceptable. They state this is a COVID precaution but that makes zero considering guests are not typically in the room when house cleaning comes. I’ve stayed in several hotels throughout the pandemic and never encountered such nonsense. COVID is merely an excuse. I am a few days into my stay and I have garbage piling up and I have to call for towels but no one one answers. Imagine staying somewhere for 2 weeks at $400 a night and the bathroom is never cleaned and the sheets are never changed for you. Completely gross! I guess I have to clean my bathroom? I don’t even have the supplies, I need to go to the store and buy full cleaning supplies? Insane. I’m supposed to be on vacation. They should at least be able to come clean ONCE but no. If I knew of this disgusting policy where garbage piles up and no one to takes it, I would have never chosen to stay here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank carrieh471
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2021

Hi Carrie, we are sorry to hear you were not pleased with the safety protocols in place to keep our owners and guests safe. Please know any amenities you need for your room can be dropped off at your door by contacting our front desk team and current resort information during the pandemic is provided when booking, through your confirmation, and with our resort update HUB website. We apologize you were uninformed. We will ensure your comments regarding any service opportunities are reviewed by our management team to improve upon for your next vacation. Thank you for writing in.

Reviewed 20 April 2021 via mobile

This could’ve easily been 5* review, realistically is 4* and a half, and here is why.
The good:
- location is great, all activities are short ride away and equal distance to the north or south/ west part of the island. You’ll be everywhere in about an hour.
- free shuttle to/from the airport 24/7. Big plus!
-beach front property with enough pool chairs and beach chairs for all the guests. The beach is nice and there is rental right next to it if you want to do some activities. Prices might be little higher that other rental places, but you pay for the convenience I guess.
- stores, restaurants and bars are walking distance
- enough restaurants on property and enough servers going around the pool. We were happy to see that considering that Kauai joined the safe travel program only 4 days before our arrival
- they are quick providing you with towels, coffee ( not sure why there was no tea?), shampoo/ conditioners and taking your garbage away. Shoutout to Brian from front desk and the housekeeping who were quick ( during covid they don’t come in your room, but you call for whatever you need and leave the garbage out)
- good quality shampoo/conditioner/ body lotion/ soap unlike the usual hotel stuff. Happy to report that. You can leave yours at home;)
- the grounds are beautiful, loved the pool ( big enough to accommodate many in a busy season and way bigger than what it looks like on the pictures) and we were happy they had some activities going on on property
- bbq grills on site which were cleaned daily
- spa was working ( we didn’t use it) and there is a( overpriced) gift shop
- the property is kept very clean
- unlimited pool towels. Some guests were probably too lazy and left them on their chairs, on the beach, at the end of the day like it’s too hard to throw them in the designated bin
-we stayed in 1bdr. Rooms were clean and nice size, beds were comfortable, there is limited kitchen, the bathrooms were nice. We loved the balconies. The ocean view was amazing!

It’s a great property and we truly enjoyed our stay.
Now, this is what made me give 4* ( it’s actually 4*1/2, but there is no half * here)
Area where they need minor improvements:
-no concierge which is not big deal, but not sure what is the actual job of the welcoming desk?
I was sent to the welcoming desk from the front desk people because I had few questions and turns out, the lady over there is clueless. She was nice, but clueless. So why not use her at some department where you actually need help rather than have those people seat all day and do nothing?
- no welcoming gift for owners. This is not really big deal, but all properties I’ve been so far ( owner from 2008), Marriott included, are giving you some reusable bag/ mug and some discount to use on services/ food on property. Apparently not this one. They didn’t offer me to attend timeshare until I asked if they offer one, I was really interested to see what is the deal.
- 5 jacuzzis and none was open which was pretty disappointing as I like to seat in it for 10-15 min at the end of the day when the crowds are gone.
I understand it’s covid time, but other hotels and resorts in Kauai had theirs open for use. Plus they could’ve made them by reservation only to insure that only people from the same room/ family can be in one at the same time. If many of us can be in the pool not socially distancing what’s the difference being in the hot tub with your crew?
- was told by a member of front desk that we can get a hospitality room to use to shower the day we check out since our flight was in the evening and check out is at 10am ( no late check outs during covid which is understandable). However it turns out we had to pay $125 for that room if we wanted to shower only even tough we weren’t using any other amenities that day since we had some tours planed and we were not on property once we checked out.
Either the fist receptionist failed to mention that we need to pay if we want to use the showers or they charge some and not others? Not clear on the actual policy.

Anyways, I do highly recommend this resort and we’ll definitely be back at some point.
Previously, I’ve stayed at the Westin Princeville resort villas and St. Regis ( not part of SPG program anymore) and still can’t decide which part of the island I like more.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Bacimkd
Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

Apparently, this is a beach club so they don’t care what your status is. None of your perks can be used here no matter how loyal you have been to Marriott and investing your money with them. That was extremely disappointing.

Here are the issues:

1. No room service. Only trash take out or towels given.
2. No late check out. Check out is at 10 am!! That’s so early.
3. They still charge a resort fee but don’t count as a resort for your perks.
4. No welcome gift for bonvoy members.
5. Don’t have a proper lobby. It’s more like an office for timeshare properties.
6. This is a timeshare property.
7. The bed is awful. It’s the wall unit that comes down. Extremely uncomfortable.
6. Bathroom was extremely small that the door opened into the only available tiny walking space.
7. No room upgrades for bonvoy members.

We were mostly out of our room but having these perks and a comfortable bed really prepares you for a great day but not here.

I will not be staying at another beach club, or should I say a timeshare property. One of the worst Marriott stays I have stayed in.

2  Thank masterkey86
Marriott Vacation Club, Other at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry you are were not pleased with the check-out time at our ownership resort or service and benefits with your Bonvoy status. Kindly note, we do not participate in the full Marriott Bonvoy benefits of Marriott hotels such as room upgrades/downgrades or late check-out as communicated on our website, in your pre-arrival email, and upon check-in. We will ensure our housekeeping management team reviews the feedback in regards to the mattress. We are again sorry you were disappointed with our Vacation Club property. Thank you once again for choosing us for your travels and sharing your comments.