“Great Drinks and Good Food!!!”

The Garden Island Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Garden Island Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Koloa
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Casual Hawaiian. Open daily 11:30 am - 8:30 pm with Live music 6-8 pm. Closed Wednesday. Serving Fish Tacos, local 100% beef burgers, fish, shrimp, steak, coconut shrimp, appetizers, vegetarian options, kids menu. Music: Mon Hawaiian; Tues 60s-70s; Thurs Hawaiian; Fri Cello (Falling Down Romance); Sat Hawaiian; Sunday Larry Rivera (updated 3/18)
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Just returned from 10 days in kauai, the first three in Lihue and East Coast. On Saturday we came down to Koloa Town at Poi'pui to move into our timeshare condo at The Point in late afternoon. Being hungry and after 1pm, we decided to try this lively restaurant/bar. Happy hour was nice start, followed by fish n chips for me and BLT for my wife.

Our lunch was great. Very good fish, ono, I think. Moist cooked just right. Fries were perfect. The BLT also got high reviews for lots of good bacon cooked just right and good bread. Our little 85 yr old waitress was funny, knew everything and everyone. We would come back any time. We read later that it got top reviews.

1  Thank jq50

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Ate dinner there on a Saturday night. Had choices of pastas, seafood, pork. Salads, soups and desserts available. Food was good. A variety of drinks alcoholic and non available. Service was excellent and friendly. Enjoyable place to eat. Local person singing and playing.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Fun, casual place to go to have dinner & drinks. Owners make sure you're being taken care of and the food is good. I do not recommend the coconut margarita, for a coconut lover get the lava flow. The fish sandwich was tasty as well as the pork sandwich. Entertainment changes every night, but we went there twice and was good was both nights. Would recommend for a fun, inexpensive night out in Koloa/Poipu area.

20  Thank lekilli
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We wanted a casual meal and decided to give the garden island grill a try. They were very busy last night, but we had made reservations, although it didn’t seem like they checked anything to verify. Still we were seated quickly. Restaurant has a nice atmosphere & good live music. My wife ordered the coconut shrimp & rice and I ordered the blue cheese bacon burger. In about 20 minutes the waitress came back with two shrimp & rice dishes, leaving the one dish ordered and checking on my burger. My wife enjoyed her meal a lot. However it was another 30 minutes before mine arrived. They were very nice & apologetic and they did comp my burger. For the atmosphere, I think we would go again, however I would go to Bubba’s for a burger.

1  Thank 870kylet
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were looking for a casual place for dinner one night and chose Garden Island Grille in the middle of historic Koloa. Afterwards it was fun wandering around the nearby shops. Food was fresh and tasty, but what really sold us was the atmosphere—good vibes. The setting with an atrium for performers was inviting. A singer with a repertoire of music from the 70’s and 80’s entertained us. When the owner of the grille appeared and sang along with him, the crowd really showed their appreciation. What talent! Almost all of the restaurants we went to on Kauai offered excellent live entertainment, and without exception the audiences cheered and applauded more than other places we’ve traveled. Makes for a fun evening.

20  Thank Eileen K