“It really is a dream home...”

Review of Kauai Dream

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
IPham000
Monrovia, California
“Kauai Dream almost turned into a nightmare”
Reviewed 19 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

Beware and take lots of pictures of the whole house on the first day of arrival so you don't get blamed for damages you didn't cause. Stayed for a week. Returned the keys on Friday, 11/21. Parrish Collection called the following Monday to say they would deduct the cost of the damaged screen door from my deposit. I couldn't remember a screen door next to the back porch like they had claimed. They didn't tell me the cost to replace the screen door. They e-mailed to me close-up pictures of the screen door. Basically I responded that I didn't remember the screen door being there, we didn't use the glass doors next to the "screen door" so we couldn't have damaged it, and to check the cameras installed at the house. Didn't hear anything else back. Received refunded payment on 12/5.
What I didn't tell them was that I took pictures of the whole house and have proof that there was no screen door next to the back porch while we were staying at the house. So either they brought the damaged screen door from somewhere else and planted it there or took pictures of the damaged screen door at another house. The pictures were close up of only the damaged part of the screen door. They were going to fraudulently take my deposit money. Luckily they didn't do it or they would be in so much trouble...
Loved the house and would recommend it to anyone, but don't ever go through Parrish Collection because their staff have attitude problem. Very nice area but roosters woke us up at sunrise everyday.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Full kitchen
Liked least: Ran out of body bath soap in one bathroom and detergent because not enough were given.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
5 Mar 2015
Aloha IPham000,

Thank you for taking the time to post a response, but I do want to shed some more light on your comments. First, I do note that you stated to our front desk person when you dropped off your keys that you had a great time and cannot wait to come back. We hope you do. Yes, you were contacted about the damage upon discovery which is customary and well within the industry standard. However, in the end, you were NOT charged for any damage and as you state, and you did receive a full refund of your security deposit. As Pat stated when she called you, we were just inquiring about the damage and we would hold your deposit as we investigate further…we did not accuse you of anything. Within a few days, the previous guest had admitted they in fact damaged the screen and offered to pay for it. As such, we did email you as well as leave a message for you. I am sorry for any implied confusion or frustration as well as for the roosters…there definitely is a love/hate relationship with them on the island.

Mahalo,

The Parrish Collection Kauai
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing