“Excellent Experience”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

donnajaff...
Berkeley, California
“Just average”
Reviewed 25 February 2011 for a stay in December 2010

I have never written a bad review. We travel frequently and are well aware that not every accommodation meets expectations, however, Nihi Kai #820 not only didn't come close to meeting our expectations, but the Parrish Agency were completely unhelpful. We stayed at the condo the week prior to Christmas. When we arrived the condo was musty and stale smelling and there were mouse droppings all over the kitchen area - on the floor, the counters, the window sill, and the pantry door. The kitchen sink faucet was broken and the place was tidy but unclean. The furniture was old and outdated and everything seemed dirty - from the drawers to the bedspreads to the lanai furniture that was filthy. We called the agency immediately and left a message as it was just after 5 pm on a Sunday. No one called us back so after a couple hours of waiting we cleaned the condo and stayed the night. The next day someone finally called us late in the morning, saying they had emergencies and couldn't call us that night. They said they would fix the faucet and set mouse traps. They did fix the faucet, but they did not set traps. I told them I did not think the condo should be rated Premium, that it was dirty, and that the price did not reflect the furnishings. the woman on the phone actually said, "I've never been to that condo, but I'm looking at the same pictures you saw on the internet. You knew what you were getting." So much for customer service.

Previously to Poipu we stayed in Princeville for 4 days at a lovely condo that was less expensive and lived up to it's Premium status - in furnishings, cleanliness, and quality of customer service by the agency.

I do not recommend Nihi Kai and I would never work with Parrish again.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
25 Feb 2011
Aloha, we are very sorry to hear that you would not want to stay with us again and that you found the unit below your expectations. We feel the unit is well described and it clearly falls within our Premier category. Other reviews of the unit seem to concur. In regards to our response on Sunday, we always address emergencies after hours and send maintenance and housekeeping as soon as possible. In this case, as we told you that night, we are sorry we did not have anyone to address your complaints that night, however we feel all issues were dealt with as quickly as possible the next morning.
As you were aware, Nihi Kai does not have air conditioning and for security purposes, we keep the units closed prior to your arrival. Guests have found that upon arrival, opening the unit and letting the trades in clears up any stuffiness caused by the warm tropical environment.

As we discussed with you after inspection, there was no evidence of mice, but was just proof of our friendly island geckos co-inhabiting the unit. Actually, we find these helpful as they eat errant mosquitos and gnats. However, per your demand, we installed traps and ultimately removed them with no activity.

Our records also show that our Guest Services Manager made several attempts to reach you to discuss the situation but our calls went unanswered or returned. We hope that you will reconsider returning with us at some point in the future.
VA
Reviewed 3 June 2010 for a stay in May 2010

Travelling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 35-44
Washington
Reviewed 13 April 2010 for a stay in February 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: I loved the furnishings/comforts
Liked least: Small washing machine
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
NE
Reviewed 6 November 2009 for a stay in August 2009

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Location, location, location!
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2009 for a stay in April 2009

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing