3 people are viewing this hotel
US$309
Free cancellation until 21/09/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$309
PricelineUS$309
Destinia.comUS$324
Reviews (1 999)
2 000 results
All reviews coconut marketplace ocean front sand bar oceanfront room small kitchenette fridge and microwave hot tub every morning resort fee central location rental car abc store monk seal beautiful grounds south shores laid back nice beach
Selected filters
98 - 103 of 2 000 reviews
Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed in unit 201 for 10 days this February. The grounds were perfectly maintained with beautiful flowers, bushes and palm trees. There are resorts on either side of Islander. But neither are as nice as Islander. On the beach you see just a few other people. Other guests were friendly. It is a quiet complex which suited us just right.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LoriM2616, General Manager at Aston Islander On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

Aloha Pam H!

Thank you for your 5 star review of The Islander! It is a very special property and you summed it up perfectly: its people and landscaping make it a stand out choice. I hope your travels bring you back to Kauai again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2019 via mobile

Overall the stay was fine. It provides the basics. This was my husband and I’s 30 year anniversary and I had booked on Costco travel paying the extra fee for and ocean view because of special occasion. Upon arrival our room was a view of pool and bar on bottom floor. If you looked around corner you could see the ocean. I was told it was an ocean view and the rooms that had a real ocean view were ocean front. That was not a choice when I booked. If I had known I would have booked ocean front or paid less money and get a garden view since that’s basically what we had. Very disappointed:(

Aloha Mrs

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your stay with us. Happy Anniversary- that is a significant milestone to celebrate!

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the view you booked and I am hoping you can contact me directly to discuss. (808) 823-7600.

Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

Had a reservation here and looked forward to staying on the beach for our first night on Kauai. The woman at the front desk was extremely unwelcoming. She promptly announced that, in addition to the expected tourist tax, there was a &20 charge for ‘amenities’. Then she told us to park in any available space in the lot. This resort is located next to a busy bar and every space was filled. I went back to the front desk and cancelled our reservation. We easily found another resort with valet parking and no extra charge for amenities.

Aloha Jammaco,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I wish I would have had the opportunity to make your experience a different one. Thank you for your feedback. I will follow up on this to ensure that we make any necessary improvements in our service. I hope that you enjoyed your time on Kauai.

Reviewed 22 February 2019

Worth paying the premium for oceanfront--wonderful to wake up to see the waves! Our unit (Niihau) was clean and well appointed (mini fridge, coffee maker); it is what you would expect from resort accommodation. Central location was great--easy to walk over to resort shopping area to pick up a few groceries and souvenirs; easy drive to an actual grocery store. Great location for touring rest of island, from Hanalei to Poipu and beyond. The hot tub was always full so we were unfortunately not able to enjoy it. Our room was very quiet; there appears to be a mix of owned units and resort rentals. The beach in front of the Islander isn't great for walking on due to sinking sand and slope, but there are great walking paths going North. Very well maintained premises. It may lack some of the quaint or rustic charm of some locations, but it's exactly what you'd expect in a resort and fills that role well. Traffic heading south was often very congested, making it difficult to get anywhere south in any type of hurry. Staff all very friendly.

Room tip: Oceanfront great
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LoriM2616, General Manager at Aston Islander On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2019

Aloha sharonsharon2015!

It is so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay at Aston Islander on the Beach. It is amazing to wake up and see the waves. Hopefully you caught a beautiful sunrise from your lanai balcony. I will be sure to share your positive comments with our team regarding cleanliness and friendliness.

Hope we have the chance to welcome you back again one day soon!

Lori

Reviewed 14 February 2019

I've been staying at the Islander for over two years. The nightly Bass coming from the bar on property keeps me awake until 1 AM. Ridiculous! Even the units far from the bar are penetrated by the throbbing bass. None of the guests here visit this bar. It seems to be the young locals that I see smoking on property. {smoke free hotel?)

Room tip: As far from the bar as possible!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
LoriM2616, General Manager at Aston Islander On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2019

Aloha T R,

Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to me. Our property bar is the poolside bar which closes at 9:00 pm every night so I believe you are referring to the bar area near our property. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted by this and only wish I would have had the opportunity to address it while you were here. Please call me direct if you decide to return so that I can ensure your stay is perfect.

Lori