“Paradise!”
another Living Room
We don't reccommend Princeville condos
Camping on the Kalalau Trail
near secret falls
North shore is lush, green, with best beaches
no houses in sight
where is the traffic?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 3
Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 30 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Italian first
Any
SandraCra...
Oregon
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 5 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

My jaw dropped when I entered the Moon Suite and I didn't pick it back up off of the floor for our entire stay here! :) We have never stayed at a place so extraordinary - and at such a reasonable price! We were just floored. It felt like a luxurious palace, while also having many unique, one-of-a-kind features. Ray has put a lot of care into this house and it shows. It truly felt like living in the middle of a rainforest - while not having to pay the price of many bug bites! The way the Moon Suite was set up was just terrific for feeling like you were in the middle of nature, while being screened in. We absolutely loved our stay here and would love to come again in the future! Thank you, Ray, for your hospitality!

Liked best: The unbelievable view
shellygra...
santa cruz
“Tree top get-away that's the real deal”
Reviewed 13 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

I just returned from a 2-night stay at Rainbow Kauai with my partner and would recommend this place, with no hesitation, to anyone who wants a travel experience that breaks through the generic offerings of hotels. I travel internationally a fair bit and when I woke up at Ray's place the first morning -- yes, to sounds of roosters and loud tropical birds -- I could also see the lush valley -- from our bed. The valley views reminded me of a stay in the Swiss Alps (except with a green rain forest version of mountains). The sounds and sights of the rain forest reminded me of stays I've had in Tanzania or several countries in Central America. And the fact that there were so many windows and doors allowed a beautiful breeze to make sleeping comfortable. I *loved* it. Beyond the feeling that you're immersed in nature, Ray has also thought of so many details that make traveling easier -- like a kitchenette, laundry, beach chairs, etc and he is generous with all of them. And, the location is fantastic. You're minutes outside of Hanalei, we drove easily to the trailhead at Ke'e beach to hike, and we snorkeled at Tunnels like it was basically in our neighborhood.

Often when I travel I want to eat at local eateries to get a feel for the place, but at Ray's we wanted to get groceries so we could "stay home" and just soak it in. This experience was in sharp contrast to our stay in Poipu where we had a room at the Marriott. I know that some people prefer the certainty they get with chain hotels, but I don't. At the Marriott I wouldn't have been able to tell you I was in Hawaii - the sounds, air, and surrounding are so generic and controlled that we could have been in Michigan for all I could tell. We compared everything that happened at the Marriott (which was twice as expensive) to Ray's the rest of our trip. If you want to experience Hawaii, don't stay at a hotel - stay at Ray's.

Value Service
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
Jane K
San Francisco, California
“This is Paradise!”
Reviewed 8 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Wonderful retreat with lovely views and spacious accommodations. Ray was a knowledgable and kind host with great local knowledge. Lovely location between Hanalei and the Napali Coast. We loved snorkeling at nearby Tunnels Beach! Thanks for a great time … next time we'll stay longer!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Views from the rooms!
Liked least: Our visit wasn't long enough!
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything-especially the huge lanai!
Liked least: I could do without the ants.
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
JanieCBuc...
San Francisco, California
“Amazing Moon studio we loved it here”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

It was a 'wow' moment when we opened the door to the Moon Studio, the view was spectacular. The living area had a feeling of inside/outside with the view of the valley from the curved lanai. We also loved the traditional decor with bamboo furniture and Hawaiian prints on the wall - it gave the place an added touch.
The location was not as remote as I was expecting with a small store at the bottom of the street and a 10 min drive to Hanalei. We spent the week cruising around the North shore and location wise this is spot on if you want to be away from big resorts. It is close enough to Hanalei bay for dinner/groceries etc and the Napali coast and amazing beaches on the North Shore. It was also great value for money, the Moon studio is so spacious for two so was also great to hang out in on rainy mornings and evenings when we ate in. Ray was on hand to help with any local knowledge, plus there were boogie boards, snorkels, fins and chairs on hand to borrow for beach days. I think this place is amazing and you know what the frogs didn't bother me.

Liked best: The view
Your age range 35-49
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;