“Wonderful vacation with my son.”
The property from the parking lot
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The property from the parking lot
Comfortable in the suite
A Panorama of Hanalei Surfboard House from Weke Rd
Sleep well,under the painting that inspires the theme
Surfboards at the entrance on the street
The bathroom features vintage panelling and an amazing shower
Looking from the back to the front in the suite
Part of the garden with statues and bowling balls
Grill up a tasty meal on your private BBQ
Elegantly Furnished Living Area
Part of our famous surfboard fence
The bathroom features vintage panelling
The cowgirl suite from looking toward the entry-way
Here's that amazing Shower
Shower with dice and pool-balls!
The entrance pathway
quack-quack
a flowering king of cups grown from a cutting in less than a year
Hanalei Surfboard House Garden Area
Typical Hanalei taro-fields and mountain view
Late afternoon in Hanalei Bay across the street
More living area details
Locally produced bath products
Soap Dish with pool balls & dice
Green flash anyone?
Looking out on the private back garden
Corner detail
Your back patio eating area
And a gas BBQ
One of the famous surfboards
More surfboards
Flowering water lilies
Entrance detail
The front gate
Lilies and bowling balls
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ohiobruce...
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful vacation with my son.”
Reviewed 17 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My Son surprised his dad with a trip to Hawaii. Our stay in Poipu was great, but our stay in Hanalei was even better. My Son could not have picked any better when he chose Hanalei Surfboard House to stay the second half of our week.
Simon Potts thought of everything when he equipped his three suites. It felt like we had every amenity to make it feel like home. Starting with equipment for the beach: lawn chairs, umbrella, boogie boards, etcetera. There were chairs to sit in front of your "Cowgirl Suite". Out back was an extremely nice gas grill, small table, chairs and a lanai with a view to the back yard that was full of flowers and birds singing in the trees.
The king sized bed was quite comfortable and next to the bed was a great selection of music that was very eclectic and a Bose sound system to play the c. d.'s. There was a nice sized t. v. that I think we only watched one time. Too many other amusements to keep us busy. The living area was well equipped and so was the kitchen. We did do some of our own cooking, but there were good resturants in town where we also ate.
The proximity to the beach was wonderful and I walked every morning but one, when the sky was leaking. The beach is a short 100 yards away with a lifeguard shack on the beach. The mountains behind the Hanalei Surfboard House are unbelievable pretty.
Simon, personally, is the best host giving us good advise about places to eat, places to snorkle and tips about what was going on in the area. He was very understanding when I called him the day after we left and told him that I had left my extra battery and charger for my camera in our suite. He sent them to me and I really appreciated that.
Would I stay there again? You bet. Thanks, Son, for the trip. Thanks, Simon, for being a great host.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: This stay in Hanalei and at Hanalei Surfboard House was exactly the experience that I was hoping for.
Liked least: I honestly can't think of anything to ding them on.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Steven G
Greater Sydney, Australia
“I love the Surfboard House Hanalei Bay”
Reviewed 2 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I just came back from a 3 night stay at the Hanalei Bay Surfboard house. The accommodation was perfect.

- Perfect shower with good high pressure almost like a massage after a long days snorkeling or surfing. Best shower ever!
-Soft big king bed with pillow selection just perfect with a patchwork quilt for a cover just cool and chic!
-Best BBQ and private backyard area not a shared area but own backyard complete with ferns, flowers and orchids. Outdoor table for 2 for romantic nights in.
- BOSE CD player with a excellent selection of CD's supplied something for everyone so I just put on some cool vibes, cranked the BBQ, cracked a cold beer and sat in the garden area.
- Nice small kitchen with everything you need including full size fridge.

I mean this is the ultimate turn key apartment B&B no breakfast supplied but there is a Foodland in Princeville 10 minutes away or Cafe's 3 minutes drive away so there are plenty of food options.

The property is extremely quiet, we had no noise from the other apartment in the Surfboard house or anywhere else. Brilliant!

Location is one row back from the beach, so there is 1 row of oceanfront homes then a small quiet lane and we were on the other side of the lane, 2 mintues walk to surfing and swimming on Hanalei Bay! No need to drive unless you want to go up to the pier but you could walk only 15 mins away.

Price: Even though the Australian $ has tanked against the US$ we still found it good value as we could stay in and cook at night and just the feeling of staying in this cool, cool B&B made us feel it was worth it. Loved it so much I want to open up a similar one in Australia based on the same concept! Dream on I will tell myself!

Simon the owner was a cool customer, relaxed as you would be living in Hanalei and was always there if I needed advice with a knock on his door (he lives upstairs) or not there when you needed privacy. A perfect cool and professional guy to deal with!

I just loved Hanalei Bay and Tunnels beach was the best ! About 15 minutes drive from the B&B. I could have easily stayed and Hanalei Surfboard house forever!

Summing up, book this place and go! Its just that simple!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
FootySF
San Francisco, California
“A charming, cozy oasis on Hanalei Bay”
Reviewed 14 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The Surfboard House is so much more than accommodations. Under Simon Pott's attention to detail, it is a cozy oasis. We stayed in the Elvis room which has it's own private patio, kitchenette, and BBQ grill. Beyond the charm of the room, it is a block or so from a beautiful beach and a 10-minute walk to town. Simon is a wonderful host and excellent guide to the area. Using the North Shore Shuttle and the local bus, we were able to do our entire 8-day stay without a car, without sacrificing any of the delights of the island. The moment we left, we immediately began planning a return to the Surfboard House.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Patrick M
San Francisco, California
“Laid Back Time in Hanalei”
Reviewed 9 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Excellent location for day trips exploring the island, a short walk to Hanalei Bay beach (like 5 minutes if you stroll) and 15 minute walk or 5 minute max drive into Hanalei Town. The Elvis suite is nice and homey with everything you need. Simon lives on the property but only checks in occasionally to make sure everything is going OK. If you want a different kind of stay away from the big hotels this is an excellent choice. If you surf - you will be right on the North Shore! If you don't, you can watch surfers all day. May be a little rough for swimming in the winter but you can always drive to a different beach for that. Most of the restaurants and Cafes are good. The Dolphin is outstanding. A nice place to relax in Kauai.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, decor, and general feel of the prperty
Liked least: Noodles the cat. A bit of a begger. Unfortunately for Noodles I am alergic.
Friends getaway Older travelers
scottacat
Oakland, California
“Each time I stay here, I hate to leave...”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Each time I stay at the Hanalei Surfboard House and its been at least 5 times now, I hate to leave. For me, it's that rare combination of having the comforts of home, privacy,and a great location in a terrific Hawaiian town. Everything you need is provided including beach chairs, mats, and towels, boogie boards (watch out you don't bruise your ribs!), a flat screen TV with every channel imagineable including Netflix, 2 private lanais for relaxing outside, and even a washing machine and dryer if you need it. The grounds and flowers are lovely and the unit I stayed in, "Elvis", was immaculately furnished and full of Hawaiian charm. There's a kitchenette and a comfortbable area for sitting or reading. I walked to the beach in 3 minutes. No need to get in the car to go for a swim, shop, or eat out. You can walk to everything in town if you want -- including taking a stroll to the Hanalei pier at sunset. Throw in a great night's sleep and it all adds up to a perfect vacation retreat. Simon is a helpful resource for the zillions of interesting things to see and do on Kauai (including organizing a massage in the unit for me.) The only downside is having to leave!

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$350
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing