“Sunset dinner cruise”

Blue Dolphin Charters
Ranked #5 of 14 things to do in Eleele
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: No visit to Kauai is complete without an adventure on Na Pali Coast! Blue Dolphin Charters is proud to run the two largest motor sailing catamarans on Kauai specializing in tours of Na Pali Coast and the forbidden island of Niihau. Whether you are here for a family vacation, honeymoon or looking for a new adventure, Blue Dolphin Charters will make your trip to Kauai a memorable experience for years to come!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Visiting Kauai from big island and did the sunset dinner cruise last night (6/27/18) and had a wonderful experience overall. Was sooo happy with our decision to do a bigger boat over one of the zodiak tours after seeing those tiny little boats bumping over waves bigger than them. I took 2 Dramamine but got horribly seasick despite it.. was okay though because the crew was great and super attentive to everyone's needs. As soon as Rob saw me looking sick he walked me down to the bottom deck so I could get it out, stayed with me till I was done and continually checked on me throughout to make sure I was okay. Also, I don't have kids but watched Rob interact with this little boy last night keeping him entertained and answering probably a billion questions so the mom could enjoy the trip herself and I thought that was really sweet. Our skipper, Cole, was funny, informative and very skilled captain.
I skipped dinner because I was sick but if you're wondering, they served teriyaki chicken, kalua pig, rice, and salad and it all smelled really good.
Even though I was sick for most of the 4 hour trip, I would not change a thing. This was a life dream of mine and seeing the Napali coast in person far exceeded my expectations. Being a little sick is a small price to pay for seeing one of the most visually stunning places on Earth.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 020)
All reviews
"food and drinks"
in 50 reviews

99 - 103 of 2 020 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Despite usually feeling seasick, taking a tablet beforehand meant that we really enjoyed this trip. Kids loved it too. Some amazing photos. No swimming with turtles although we saw some. Crew and captain were just fantastic. Cannot in any way fault them. Great guys.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Booked the tour via the travel agent in the hotel. Was an early rise. Start of the trip was at 7 am in Ele’ele

After signing hundreds of disclaimer form it was time to go. We were with about 30 guests on the sailing catamaran of with 3 decided to do the diving.
After a 10 minutes ride she boat anchored. We got our diving gear and of we went.
The guide helped us in a great way during our dive. However the spot, we were diving was not to exciting. About 40 feet deep, limited view, a bit of coral and almost no fish. A pity.
After our dive we continued our trip. Was great. We saw sea turtles, dolphins and spinners. Awesome.
We sailed (actually motored) all the way to Napoli coast. Nice views from of the water. Unluckily enough the sea was that rough that quite some people got sick.
The way back was much more relaxed: the sails came up with the waves and the wind in the back.
Had some good lunch and drinks onboard. Perfect.

Hint: consider to do the morning trip. The chances that you will see dolphins and turtles is much bigger than during the afternoon trip

Reviewed 26 June 2018