Reviews (1 277)
1 277 results
All reviews golf course the big island full kitchen waikoloa beach resort bay club main resort master bedroom hilton grand vacations time share family vacation third floor great vacation small pool washer dryer shuttle service great amenities hot tub
33 - 38 of 1 277 reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I stayed here recently after using points. We stayed in unit 1414 which was close to the main pool and building even though I did not swim in that pool but my wife and daughter did. Very nice. We had a 2 room villa that out the back was on the #11 hole of the beach course. (What a course!!!) The villa is well equipped and we ate several self prepared meals here. Because this is on property for the Hilton, you can use the facilities at the Waikoloa Village too. That includes the pool, lagoon shopping, etc... Now for a little cons. There are feral cats that roam around the property. DO NOT FEED THEM OR TRY TO TOUCH THEM!!!! you might end up with a hospital stay. also, you will see mongoose running around. They do not bother anybody they just pop out and will startle you. Also, you are about 20-30 mins from Kona, where you can shop and and find a Wal-mart and Costco for supplies because shopping at the Queens and Kings markets is expensive but well stocked. Overall, a great place and I highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with RCI
HiltonGrandVacations, Resort Manager at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Mahalo, your great feedback on your ohana's experience is appreciated. Yes, thank you for being aware and compliant with not interacting with the wildlife and feral cat population which is an island wide concern. Please come and visit with us again soon.

Cheryl Amsbary
Resort Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2018

A lovely resort to stay at, very friendly staff, great rooms, no complaints at all - would definitely return. Could do with a restaurant at the suites rather than at the whole site via a shuttle but that is a minor nuisance not a big deal at all. Well equipped kitchen - even had a kettle for tea drinkers like me.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This was the worst RCI experience I have ever had. I gave up 2 weeks from a RED week to get into Hawaii. AND IT WAS NOT WORTH IT!! The resort food was not good. The food and drink services closed at 0600 for an adult resort

Review collected in partnership with RCI
HiltonGrandVacations, Resort Manager at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to read you didn't enjoy your overall stay here. I truly wish I was made aware of your concerns while you were still here at our resort as I am not able to recover any exchange company inventory. I understand that high value/season weeks are required for resorts with Gold Crown ratings. Please contact me directly at cheryl.amsbary@hgv.com should you have any further concerns regarding our property. Mahalo for providing feedback on your experience.

Cheryl Amsbary
Resort Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2018

If you want to be a little further away from the hustle and bustle of the Hilton resort, this is a good choice. You can always get a shuttle or drive up to it if you want to take advantage of what it has to offer. Or you can walk - it's a mile or less depending on what building you're in.

Advantages of Kohala Suites -
- More secluded/less people
- Newly remodeled condo type units
- Full kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and blender
- Space saver washer and dryer
- Walking distance to the Hilton, Marriott, Queensland market, petroglyphs, etc.
- Lava Lava restaurant (also recommended) is 1.5 - 2.0 miles away

Other information -
- Uber and Lyft are available at the Kohala Suites
- Kona airport is 18 miles away
- Hilo is 70 miles away
- DON'T SPEED

Having been to 5 of the largest Hawaiian islands now, I'd say this one did't disappoint at all - they are all unique. And the Kohala Suites were a great place to visit it all from. Did I mention not to speed? ;) Enjoy!

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Harry R
Reviewed 7 September 2018

My sister and I enjoyed our stay at Kohala suites, the room was great. I liked having a kitchen which had all the of the necessities to cook a decent meal. You could walk to the area shops or take a convenient shuttle. I would definitely come again.

Date of stay: August 2018