“Delicious!”

Price range: US$0 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lava Lava Beach Club is brought to you by the same people who bring you Huggo's oceanfront restaurant in Kailua-Kona , On The Rocks, a casual beach bar in Kailua-Kona, Paradise Gourmet Catering, the Big Island leader in custom events and weddings and Grass Shack Parties & Rentals, the go-to source for all local style affordable parties.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Best Burgers in Kona!!! We got sat immediately and our waitress was attentive and lovely. Live music was wonderful as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (4 726)

37 - 41 of 4 726 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I went here during happy hour on recommendation from a local we met at the beach that day. What a great find!

It was busy but not overcrowded when we arrived, however parking was somewhat of an issue. We were seated immediately on the lower patio which has a perfect view of the water and a wonderful breeze.

The appetizer options were plentiful. We had the wings which were perfectly prepared and the dipping sauce was a mild concoction with a hint of the local fruit (I forget the name). We also had the fish tacos with fresh papaya and slaw - AWESOME. Fries were pretty good although not as crispy as I hoped for. I topped everything off with another order of Nachos with the pork ($3 extra). Not bad although hoped the jalapenos were spicy which they were not at all. Could have used a bit more pork also. Fair warning - fountain drinks are $4 (I don't drink), so that was a bit of sticker shock. My wife had a couple of the drink specials including the maitai which she enjoyed. There was some live music that started as we were finishing up....although we both commented that it seemed a bit "elevator music" like. Could have been a bit more lively considering the location (Hello.. Jimmy Buffett please!).

Overall, a great location, good service and food was above average. We didnt have any of mains but they looked/sounded good, although prices are mostly in the $30-$40+ range)

Four appetizers, two alcoholic drinks and a coke came out to $76 plus $14 tip ($90).

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We always think, given the location, that this is going to be a great dining experience. We live nearby and would really like to love this place but we just cant! Food and drink are expensive (you pay for the location) we have tried ordering something different each time we go but they just cant make good food. Have a drink on the beach but dont bother eating here. Last time I resorted to a salad - a $20 dollar salad at that - bowl of spinach with a couple of chicken strips and one slice of avocado. I tried a bite of my husband's hamburger that was supposed to have blue cheese in the middle- dry and no blue cheese. we have also tried their brunch more than once (how can you go wrong with brunch? - somehow they do.) We have given this place many chances - we are done! They will have to rely on unsuspecting tourists! I guess that is what they count on.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just love this place. The atmosphere of being right on the beach is incredible. The food and drink is great and while it is a little pricey, it is worth it. Probably our favorite place on the Big Island.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family had a great dinner here on the beach. Great setting with open air restaurant and additional tables on the sand beach oceanside. Food is incredibly delicious and inventive. Not your typical beach seafood shack. The small stage on the beach with acoustic guitar/singer completes this fun package. Get there early or call for call-ahead seating because there is often a long wait for a table after 5p. Dinner here will be a highlight of your trip.