“Love it”

Napua at Mauna Lani Beach Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Napua at Mauna Lani Beach Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Like a delicious little secret, tucked away in a private ocean cove along the appetizing sands of Mauna Lani Resort is a Big Island restaurant called Napua, waiting for you to discover the foods of Hawai'i Island, shared with the kind of aloha that comes from those who know.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We always stop here after our day on the beach.The food is amazing and the drinks are great. When ever we have been there the service has been very good. I love when they have musical entertainment. When we visited a few years ago, they had a local group playing and singing Hawaiian songs. This time we did not get to experience that which was disappointing. Maybe next time!

1  Thank MugRug

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This restaurant is tucked away on a private cove overlooking the ocean. We came for dinner and had sunset cocktails--it was just breathtaking. We met the owner/manager Brandon and he is just the most delightful host--so warm and welcoming...and hilarious. The staff was so friendly and attentive which made our delicious meal just that much better! We will definitely be back again, and can't wait!

1  Thank Saige B
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I walked in and was immediately charmed by my table and the few. Unfortunately, the service, while competent, was nothing special, and the food was disappointing. We only got served bread because the busboy noticed, and that didn't come out until the check did! I had the seared tuna, which was overcooked. Had the seared tuna the next night at the Canoe House, which was spectacular. If I had to chose between the two, Canoe House would win, hands down. We came at sunset and had quite a few flies join us for dinner.

It's a great location and pretty building, and the entertainment was a nice touch. But at this price point, I expect better service and food, and would be hard-pressed to recommend it.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We loved everything about Mauna Lani Beach Club- except this restaurant. We were on this beach every day of our stay rain or shine. On our final day, when it was sunny, I brought my credit card to treat our family with a beach picnic. I stood in line at the bar for 35 minutes to place our to go order (it is a very busy restaurant and serves sit down diners as well as beach goers). We ordered 2 fish sandwiches, fish tacos, 2 chicken sandwiches and 2 Pina Colodas. The fish was "catch of the day" so we thought that it would be great- and you can't go wrong with chicken sandwiches- normally. All of the food was tasteless, dry, and bad. They serve that in the restaurant? And the Pina Colada's might have just been rum poured in a glass- if that is what we wanted, we would have ordered it. We are not picky. It was lunch. We did not have gourmet expectations. The fact that the entire family complained about how bad it was- tells you something. I wish there was a zero, or negative number rating in this case. And we paid $150 for the displeasure- literally one of the most expensive meals we had.

2  Thank kaseycmueller
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful little house on the water, I assume (was too dark to see the water). Kind of hard to find in the dark. We started with cocktails and carbonara that came with a pesto sauce. Delicious! I had the lamb, husband had the ahi. Both dishes were super tender and delicious! My only complaint was that we each wanted a glass of wine with our entrees. But the waitress never checked in with us so we never got a chance to order wine. Then someone else suddenly brought out our entrees so that was that. Their cobbler dessert was great too, definitely big enough to share.