“Nice bedroom and bath, winter was too cold for...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Josh J
“Nice bedroom and bath, winter was too cold for the pool.”
Reviewed 25 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay at The Oasis. The bedroom is very nice with a big comfy bed, and the bathroom was very clean and modern. We had the backyard to ourselves, but we didn't use the pool because the weather was too cold when we were home. It was December, and during the day we were out and about. We didn't use the hot tub, because it didn't feel very clean after putting my hand in there and smelling it. I have a hot tub at home that I go to great lengths to keep clean and pH and Chlorine in balance. The host Lucas said the pH was perfect in there, but I didn't smell any Chlorine. Looked so much dirtier than the pics online. So we skipped it. The kitchen area is really a wet bar as you can see from the pics. The sink is very small, so washing any big pans is tricky. Cooking wasn't a problem with the nice toaster oven and hot plate. The BBQ was new looking and huge, but we didn't use it. In the evening it gets really windy in Waikoloa Village, so we would bundle up, cook our dinner, and then hurry inside to eat. This place might be better for folks who plan to go out to eat for dinner. But if you want to make drinks out there, this set up is perfect.
One other issue I had was behind the curtain near the desk and monitor (no keyboard or mouse, BTW) there was a hallway door. We could hear the host couple in the main part of the house. It wasn't a stand alone unit, as it appears in the photos. Note to owners: maybe you could sound-proof that door a little better.

All that being said, it was very nice and I WOULD recommend it to friends visiting in warmer months than December.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
26 Jan 2018
Aloha Josh, very accurate review I think. I'm not sure if Lucas informed you that the pool is solar heated and kept at 92ºF during the winter months, we actually quite enjoy using the pool in December. I have to apologize for the spa, this is a new listing for us and the reason we listed the property is because we had an assignment on the mainland for 4 months. We had our friends manage the place for us and unfortunately we realized that Lucas wasn't really cut out for pool maintenance, once we returned. We found the spa in the condition you described with little water, and the pool over chlorinated which caused us to have to replace some of the pool equipment. We are now back on watch and Lucas and Jenn have relocated. You're correct about the tiki bar sink, it is a bar sink. We suggested to our managers while we were away to set aside some indoor space for our guests during inclement weather, as you described. I don't believe they followed our suggestions. We spent quite a bit of money redesigning the interior of the home to include sliding barn doors to privatize the living room and dinning area. Since we have returned to managing the rental, we have offered the inside dinning area and living room to many of our guests during windy days. No one has accepted our offer, but the offer remains to anyone who needs more indoor spaces. The BBQ was brand new, purchased just prior to our departure and is a commercial grill with a side burner and griddle. We have added an induction hot plate, as well now. We have gone to great lengths to sound proof the master bedroom (which is the rental unit). We removed the wall between the master and the other bedroom (which is used as an office now) and installed sound proofing in the walls and then double drywalled that wall. We replaced the master bedroom door with a solid core door and insulated the back side of the door in the hallway and placed a large cabinet in front of it filled with linens to dampen the sound in the hallway. Our friends who were managing the unit have big voices and we cautioned them to speak quietly while in that area of the house. The monitor btw is just that, a monitor to connect your computer. We understand that this was not intuitive, so we removed the monitor and are utilizing it in our office now. We are disappointed that you had such a mediocre stay. We are happy we returned to manage the rental, as no one is going to look after your business, or your home, like you will. Lucas and Jenn did the best they could, but did not have any experience with rental management and rental maintenance. My wife and I designed and built this rental to be as comfortable and peaceful as possible. We appreciate nice amenities when we book a vacation rental and when we don't receive them we take note not to allow that to happen to our guests. We hope you try us again in the future, I guarantee you will be more satisfied.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;