“an oasis on the volcano”
Review of Cafe' Ono

Cafe' Ono
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Volcano
Price range: US$12 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Café Ono is a vibrant, ecologically sound, dining experience in an old Hawaiian garden estate. We feature: •Hearty soups•Fresh organic salads•Savory sandwiches•High tea•Gourmet desserts•Locally grown coffee & teaCatering is available. We can also host your meetings and special events.Come by for a delicious meal or pick up a picnic lunch to go!Lunch 11:00 am–3:00 pmCoffee · Tea · Desserts 10:00 am–4:00 pm
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great find for a tasty vegetarian lunch, and the grounds are so artful and cared for. Truly a unique eatery considering the surrounding region!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous setting with a lovely range of organic food. Meals come with soup and salad and are served with complimentary wine. The owners are really lovely and welcoming. The food is divine ☺️

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The home made soups are ono! Sometimes, all I want is a good soup, but don't want to make a pot. Cafe Ono to the rescue! The Apple pie is as good as mine...and mine is amazing! We love stopping for ice cream, too.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I was a bit skeptical when I heard this was a vegetarian place - I'm more of a meat eater - but we were both blown away by the delicious food! We shared lasagna, pesto artichoke sandwich, shittake mushroom soup, and split pea soup. The service was friendly and we loved that we were surrounded by local art during our meal. Our only regret was not trying the ice cream and apple pie! (We were too full from the meal). We would highly recommend stopping here for lunch!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I decided to give this place a try due to the number of positive reviews, but I left entirely underwhelmed. The food was the biggest disappointment. Both the soup and the main course (lasagna) were served just barely tepid. The cheese on the top, though melted at some stage, was a coagulated mess of room temperature gumminess by the time it made it to my plate. The overall flavour was okay, but the thicker vegetables hadn’t cooked through. Moreover I found the prices a tad on the high side. Yes, I know this is Hawaii, but $16 for room temperature, under-cooked lasagna and $8 for a piece of apple pie seem high to me for a place of this calibre. On the pulse side the shop and gardens are lovely. I say go for the gardens, go for the shop, but pass on the restaurant.

1  Thank 415BV