“Best lunch of my vacation”
Review of Cafe' Ono

Cafe' Ono
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Volcano
Price range: US$12 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Café Ono is a vibrant, ecologically sound, dining experience in an old Hawaiian garden estate. We feature: •Hearty soups•Fresh organic salads•Savory sandwiches•High tea•Gourmet desserts•Locally grown coffee & teaCatering is available. We can also host your meetings and special events.Come by for a delicious meal or pick up a picnic lunch to go!Lunch 11:00 am–3:00 pmCoffee · Tea · Desserts 10:00 am–4:00 pm
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I was a bit skeptical when I heard this was a vegetarian place - I'm more of a meat eater - but we were both blown away by the delicious food! We shared lasagna, pesto artichoke sandwich, shittake mushroom soup, and split pea soup. The service was friendly and we loved that we were surrounded by local art during our meal. Our only regret was not trying the ice cream and apple pie! (We were too full from the meal). We would highly recommend stopping here for lunch!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I decided to give this place a try due to the number of positive reviews, but I left entirely underwhelmed. The food was the biggest disappointment. Both the soup and the main course (lasagna) were served just barely tepid. The cheese on the top, though melted at some stage, was a coagulated mess of room temperature gumminess by the time it made it to my plate. The overall flavour was okay, but the thicker vegetables hadn’t cooked through. Moreover I found the prices a tad on the high side. Yes, I know this is Hawaii, but $16 for room temperature, under-cooked lasagna and $8 for a piece of apple pie seem high to me for a place of this calibre. On the pulse side the shop and gardens are lovely. I say go for the gardens, go for the shop, but pass on the restaurant.

1  Thank 415BV
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We went today to visit after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor we were not disappointed lovely quaint setting with interesting art and gardens. The cafe is well run with delightful staff and the food delicious at a very reasonable price. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner experience at this little restaurant. The guy at our hotel recommended it for dinner in Volcano and said to make reservations. We were starving and could barely wait until 5:00 when they open for dinner, but we muscled through. And truly, we were glad to have made reservations. Although we were the first ones there, the little place was full within about 30minutes.

We ordered seafood and pizza specials. They were both really good. Drinks were good and they had a nice selection of local micro brews on tap. The ambience was casual, but clean and cozy. Perfect for the jungly, mountainous setting.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We eat at Cafe Ono at least once/month, usually more. Cafe Ono is a vegetarian cafe with vegan and gluten-free options. The food is fresh and, as the name says, “ono!” The coffee is local and so good! There are also vegan dessert options. The gallery is full of great finds from local artists and grounds are beautiful - don’t forget to visit Noble the rabbit when you walk through the garden!