“Good vegetarian and vegan eats in Volcano Village, Hawaii!”
Review of Cafe' Ono

Cafe' Ono
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Volcano
Price range: US$12 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Café Ono is a vibrant, ecologically sound, dining experience in an old Hawaiian garden estate. We feature: •Hearty soups•Fresh organic salads•Savory sandwiches•High tea•Gourmet desserts•Locally grown coffee & teaCatering is available. We can also host your meetings and special events.Come by for a delicious meal or pick up a picnic lunch to go!Lunch 11:00 am–3:00 pmCoffee · Tea · Desserts 10:00 am–4:00 pm
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We eat at Cafe Ono at least once/month, usually more. Cafe Ono is a vegetarian cafe with vegan and gluten-free options. The food is fresh and, as the name says, “ono!” The coffee is local and so good! There are also vegan dessert options. The gallery is full of great finds from local artists and grounds are beautiful - don’t forget to visit Noble the rabbit when you walk through the garden!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I love this place. The food was awesome, the grounds were so lush and the little art store was crazy cool!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Cafe Ono is one of the few places my family can eat. Vegan, gluten free and yummy. Ira is such a kind and gentle person who takes the time chat and sometimes offers worldly advice. The propety is well kept, the air is fresh and Noble the rabbit is a wonderful addition. Lots of fun art at wall.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Cafe Ono - At Volcano Garden Arts is a delightful experience set in a bucolic setting.
On this visit my friend and I enjoyed:

Me: Hearty Home Style Baked Lasagna that was served with a tasty tomato based vegetable soup, an organic garden salad, & delicious garlic bread

Her: Panini - Vegan Artichoke Hummus with tomato, green onion and cheese

Our waitress was Rosie. She did a marvelous job making us feel at home. She was very busy on the day we came. I think they underestimated the business.

Ira, the dynamic personality behind the operation, made our visit to Cafe Ono the best.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I was thrilled to learn about Cafe Ono. My husband and I are vegetarian and usually find restaurants with only 1-2 options. It was refreshing to walk into Cafe Ono, moreover the charming setting in a beautiful garden with indoor and outdoor seating and a live guitarist. I ordered the panini and the seaweed mushroom soup, both of which were delicious. My husband enjoyed his lasagna as well.