“Amazing place to stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
No hotel room here! Nestled in the tropical setting of Fern Forest
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
No hotel room here!
Nestled in the tropical setting of Fern Forest
Vacation in the Round!
Fresh with updates to maintain a clean design
Roomy walk-in shower
Plenty of natural light and space for your things
Built with privacy in mind
Your view from the lanai
Covered lanai=Hawaiian bonus room!
Sunrise at Hale Kipa Fern Forest
View the observatory on Mauna Kea from your porch
Tiny Hawaiian-house kitchenette
Park right outside the large lanai
Plenty of power!
Kilauea Lodge in Volcano Village for history and GR8 eats
Vacation in the Round!
Akatsuka Gardens right down the road! Free to walk around and explore!
Tuk Tuk In Volcano Village has GR8 takeaway!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Shelby S
“Amazing place to stay!”
Reviewed 30 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My stay at Hale Kipa Fern Forest was wonderful! The yurt is definitely one of the most unique places I’ve stayed in plus it’s incredibly nicely decorated, clean, cozy and filled with amenities! The snacks, coffee, soft towels and comfy bed really added to my stay. Gypsy and Don were great hosts, greeted me upon arrival and were available to answer any questions. The yurt is definitely away from the touristy area(which I loved) but still a quick 15 minute drive to Volcanoes National Park and not too far from Hilo either. This would be a great place to stay for an adventurous couple, small family or even a solo traveler! I would definitely recommend it and hope to come back someday.

2 May 2018
Mahalo, Shelby! We were delighted to have you as a guest and do hope to see you again!
Laura R
“Cute, unique & modern yurt, off the beaten path.”
Reviewed 19 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Brand new yurt is cute and cozy plus it has its own lanai and bar-b-que. I like how it is off the grid yet had all the modern amenities. I felt totally comfortable and safe and it was fun to be "living in the round". Clean, quiet and out of the mayhem of Hilo.
A great location for exploring the Volcano National Park. The host and hostess were very nice and willing to give tips on where to go and what to do. I would definitely go back.

20 Mar 2018
Aloha Laura! Thank you for your review! You were a wonderful guest and we enjoyed being your hosts! You are welcome back at Hale Kipa Fern Forest anytime! Mahalo nui loa ~Don and Gypsy
CuppaKona
Honaunau, Hawaii
“Off the Grid Vacation Paradise”
Reviewed 12 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I spent four enjoyable days in the yurt. It is cute and cozy with everything I needed for my holiday. The location is close to both Volcano and Hilo. I would definitely come back. The yurt is brand new, and is a unique way to get a slice of Hawaiian flavor. it is nicely equipped for a vacation. I felt totally comfortable with the setup, and loved "living in the round".

It was a rainy week, and falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof was wonderful. The hosts were very nice and super-responsive when I had questions. The yurt was distant enough from the house to allow for privacy. Highly recommend this place!

12 Mar 2018
We appreciate your review and invite you to come back anytime. Mahalo for being such a great guest and for your recommendation!
pixel_a_c...
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful comfortable yurt close to Volcanoes National Park.”
Reviewed 11 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Had an amazing stay at this beautiful yurt! Better than any hotel I've stayed in. Luxurious yet comfortable. The hosts were very friendly. The location is perfect - close to the Volcanoes National Park and yet not too far from Hilo.

12 Mar 2018
Aloha! We so enjoyed having you as our guests! Call on us again when you're ready to Vacation in the Round! Mahalo for your review!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing