“Great Açaí Bowls!”

Hina Rae's
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Honokaa
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I live in Hilo and make sure to stop here for an açaí bowl every time I go out towards Honoka’a! They serve some great açaí bowls! Today me and a friend made a special trip out towards that side of the island just to eat food and we had to stop at Hina Rae’s!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Hina Rae's is a very small cafe in a very small but charming town. A family of 4 could fit in there comfortably, but thats it. You go to Hina Rae's for the best Acai Bowls you have or will ever taste period! It's not Starbucks so don't expect a bathroom, bottled water, fancy coffee or space to linger. You will get the freshest and most delicious healthy desert that will leave you wanting to create the same thing when you leave the islands, good luck. After eating one Acai Bowl from Hina Rae's you won't be able to get them off of your mind.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We looked at a few of the negative reviews of this place and don't really agree. Yes, it is a tiny place, yes it doesn't have a lot of room inside, and yes there is no bathroom. But Honoka'a is a very small village. I wouldn't want to visit a traditional big city coffee shop. Part of traveling is experiencing local... We found the service to be great - but we were the only people in the cafe at the time. So we can't judge it if there are a few people at the same time. We had a great conversation with the lady fixing our drinks and Acai bowl. With that, we have never had an Acai bowl and we loved it. The bowls on the menu are the owners design. When we finished we were very happy and refreshed that we just had a very healthy snack. We would visit again if we are ever in Honoka'a.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

So this was my first Acai bowl, and let me tell you it was AMAZING! My 16 year old son and I ate here while my husband and 12 year old grabbed something to eat across the street. The staff was very friendly and helped us decide what to get. Definitely get the Ube Ice Cream on top. I know it sounds weird, but you have to try it! SO GOOD. Since this stop I have been craving Acai bowls like crazy. Tried one in Puerto Rico, nope not as good. So got the frozen acai from whole foods and have been making my own! LOL It's that good people. Go try it! I heard the poke was good too, but we didn't try it. Fun place close to Waipio Valley.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We ordered a regular brew & a cappuccino. I was given alatte instead. Check your coffee before leaving.

Hinaraes, Owner at Hina Rae's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

We are sorry about your experience. We are a small family owned cafe that specializes in Açai Bowls and Waffles. Our staff isn't properly trained to do every style of coffee drink and therefore that is why we do not offer cappuccinos on our menu. We do hope you visit us again to try one out refreshing Açai Bowls or one of our tasty Waffles.