Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews delicious coffee coffee farm kona coffee beans intimate tour family farm regular coffee coffee knowledge coffee industry processing area beautiful farm favorite coffee bought several free coffee tasting talk story free tour kona town
Reviewed 1 week ago

The coffee and service here were both INCREDIBLE! They had multiple types of coffee to try as well as some chocolate goodies! The tour was very interesting and went quickly (in a good way). We would recommend this tour/place to anyone that likes coffee!

Reviewed 1 week ago

TWO PART REVIEW: 1) Coffee Tour, 2) Staying at the on-site housing

1) COFFEE TOUR: The coffee tour is brief (30mins - 1hr) but every minute is enjoyable. Ray gave us our tour (he is also the farm manager) and he is one of the most likable people we met on the island. Its abundantly clear that he cares about the farm, the process, the workers, and YUP - the QUALITY of the coffee. This operation is a small enough size that you get the enjoyment of seeing every step in an intimate setting, but it is large enough where you can easily understand just what it would take to become much larger. Lastly, they give you coffee and coffee candies after the tour that was some of the best I've ever had. I highly recommend trying their Silk and their Peaberry roasts!!!
P.S. they offer a mailing membership for their fresh coffee that is quite a deal. They cover all expenses other than the actual price of the coffee - so no need to worry about S&H to the contiguous.

2) STAYING AT THE FARM: Truthfully, I've been putting off writing this review. Not because it was hard to rate the experience, but because I wanted to make sure I could accurately capture exactly how incredible this experience was. If you are trying to find a place to stay on the Kona side of the island and are reading this review, feel free to celebrate - you just found your housing location!!! Writing a long paragraph about the amazing views, the friendly and extremely memorable staff, and all the countless amenities would be daunting...so instead, see the list below:
- 2 bed 2 bath house with large living room, adequate kitchen, washer dryer, porch overlooking the coast (sunsets were incredible), pool, hot tub, fans, towels, etc.
- Free coffee (as much as you can drink)
- Fruit trees all over the property (don't underestimate how cool it is to wake up and pick your breakfast off of a tree in the back yard!!!)
- Bill, Ray, Chase, Moose (Mitch), Art - THIS RIGHT HERE is the hidden value at Heavenly Hawaiian Farms. The team that works at the farm is a group of the most down to earth, friendly people i've ever met. They truly became our Ohana by the end of the trip. They give you privacy when you want it but they are always so excited to see you and hear about what you've done when you want to talk to them. We had all these plans for what to do on the Kona side, but after talking with Bill the first night, we KNEW we had to take his advice (and he has LOTS of it!). He changed our trip for the better and it wouldn't have been even 1/10th as good if we didn't stay here, meet these guys, and take their recommendations.

Picture this - I am currently back at work after spending a 9 day vacation in Hawaii. The entire trip was incredible, so much so that I'm actually struggling to convey what I'm trying to say in one post. My FONDEST memory of the entire trip was the time spent on this side of the island and a HUGE portion of that was all of my time at the Heavenly Hawaiian Farms. I hope you can get a sense of my sincerity and, at the very least, PLEASE make it a priority to visit these guys whether it be for the tour or a stay on the farm.

FYI - I visited with a group of 4. Two couples, 26-30yrs old, first trip to Hawaii.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My friends and I had a wonderful time at Heavenly Hawaiian Farm. The tour was great! They showed us the coffee fruit, broke it open so we could see the raw bean, they showed us the drying process and even let us try the raking they do to turn the beans for drying. We had the opportunity to try 3 different kinds of coffee and offered us as many cups as we wanted to try. We even sampled all the chocolate candies they sold —the dreamsicle Mac nut candy is incredible!

On the bathroom wall, they had a sign that read “may all who enter as guests, leave as friends” and that statement couldn’t be more true when visiting Heavenly Hawaiian Farm. Adam and Cheyenne were amazing tour guides and truly felt like “friends” when we left. The tour was only an hour but we stayed for much longer.
A must-do when visiting the kona coast and exploring coffee country.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We weren’t sure what to expect and I must say, we were very impressed by the overall experience. First of all, the view from the farm is spectacular! I was in awe. It’s worth the trip for that alone. The tour was very interesting and informative. I typically get bored with these type things but this was great. Go late afternoon once the clouds are creating a canopy over the trees. It’s much cooler. The tour was an hour. It started and ended with coffee but again, the view from the farm is simply stunning. There is no charge unless you purchase coffee or tip the guide. I would definitely recommend a trip here when visiting the Big Island. It’s a short drive from Kona and you’ll really appreciate learning about the care given to create their delicious Kona coffee.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I saw that they were giving free tours and it wasn't far from where I was staying so I popped in at about 1:45pm on a Thursday. I was immediately greeted by the GM, Bill and offered a cup of coffee. Bill was so kind and gracious as to show me some of his favorite places on the map and recommended stops along the way as well as which roads to take.

The tour was short, simple and extremely informative. Our guide (Adam or Chase?) Did a great job explaining. I learned a lot about coffee, industrial vs. small farm manufacturing and why the Kona region is ideal for farming with it's microclimates.

At the end of the tour I was able to try some delicious sweet treats and ended up buying the Dreamsicle (chocolate orange Mac nuts) and some lovely tea to take home. Well, the intention was to take them home to SF but the candy didn't make it (oohps!) Also, I was allowed to pick a guava right off the tree to take with me and I was the best tasting one I have had this trip!

I would visit again to buy some nice gifts - oh and they have a coffee club you can join with adjustable frequency and order size.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

A little tough and windy to get to but worth the view and friendly staff. Tour of the farms and knowledge of what makes Kona Coffee so great was a nice breath away from the beach and sun. It was still hot and a bit exposed so bring a water bottle and hat. And of course the coffee was delicious.