“A home away from home with a fantastic view”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Spectacular Oceanfront. Look down onto the breaking waves from the deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Cheryl U
“A home away from home with a fantastic view”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Great location A reasonably short drive from airport, quiet surroundings and close to the township of Hilo. Saul, the owner, has taken great effort to provide guests with the little things such as tea, coffee, condiments etc that one might need to get a meal together Plenty of sightseeing to be done without having to travel great distances Loved the Farmers' Market, Rainbow Falls and the 2400f Glass Blowing at Volcano. Lack of high traffic made it comfortable to drive .. even if it was on the opposite side of the road that we are used to
Only downside was that we were expecting three full bedrooms and bathrooms in the main residence which was not the case and as we are three older women found it a little difficult getting down to the clothes line but otherwise a lovely place to spend quality time

Management Response
4 Sep 2017
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I tried to make it clear on the website that there are one and a half bathrooms upstairs and an outdoor shower. I'm sorry that you didn't catch that. As far as the downstairs clothing line is concerned, most guests prefer to use the brand new dryer which is located just off the kitchen. That said, the clothesline works just fine if you don't mind walking down a few steps. Please come back and see us again to continue your Hawaii adventure.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wow, what a VIEW!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Wow, what a View!!! My wife & I love this place!!! The house was very nice & comfortable, and had everything we needed. The view from the back deck overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Hilo was out of this world!!! We will come back again!!!

shelleyb7...
Lexington, Virginia
“This place feels like heaven on earth.”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

If I owned this house, I don't think I would ever be able to leave. Never have I slept in a place that felt so magically beautiful and so soothingly healing. Every molecule in my body felt as if it were dancing during my short stay in this house (two days). I wish my visit had been longer.

I'm a person who has suffered from Lyme's disease, which, for those who don't know, comes from the bite of a tick. I take a ton of herbs and supplements as a means of managing this disease (keeping the joint pain at a tolerable level), but while I was staying in this house I knew that all my herbs and supplements were not necessary. That's how healing the energy of this place feels. Maybe this healing energy comes from the nearby sound of crashing waves, the smell of ocean spray, the constant flow of sea breezes through the house's open windows, or the mesmerizing view of the ocean, ... or maybe it's a combination of all these elements. Whatever the case, while I was staying in this house I felt as if I had discovered a small piece of heaven on earth.

For those of a more practical mind-set, I will say that the house was exceptionally clean, and the kitchen is well-equipped. The mattress of the king-sized bed in the master bedroom is of high quality (which means that my bad back had no complaints); and, if you're as addicted to Game of Thrones, as I am, you'll be happy to hear that HBO is included in the house's television-channel offerings.

Normally, I hate being stuck on a plane for more than two hours, but the thought of returning to this "stunning, majestic, oceanfront location" is enough incentive for me to face another long, grueling flight. I hope some day to return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view!
Liked least: The not-so-pleasant look we received driving by a neighbor who was walking her dog (we were going ver-r-r-y slowly so I don't know what the dirty look was about).
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
22 Jul 2018
I cannot tell you how happy it made me to read your review. The house is special and I’m so glad the you got to experience its rejuvenative powers!!! Mahalo nui loa for your kind words!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing