All reviews room was clean boiled eggs basic hotel place to sleep cross country trip nice breakfast ground floor no elevator fridge and microwave pleasant stay downtown area highway
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Very basic hotel. Artexed walls and ceilings, no fridge or microwave, air conditioning. Looks very dated. The staff were very friendly on arrival. About a mile walk into the centre of Sheridan. Extremely small dining area for the continental breakfast, which is also the most limited so far on our journey. No amenities around the area. Would not like to stay here more than the 2 nights booked.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018

This hotel charged me in full 4 months in advance. I cancelled my reservation 1 month in advance and they still refuse to refund my money. They've lied to me 3 times and I am currently hoping that my credit card company can charge back the total amount as a fraudulent transaction.
****Do Not Trust this Business!!!****

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The super 8 staff was so nice to my children and me I had a wonderful stay in Sheridan because of them. The hotel rooms were comfortable and clean, I usually don’t go to supper 8s but this one was NICE! I also loved breakfast it was easy and nice for the kids. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone exspesaly family’s.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiley G
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We chose the Super 8 because it was one of the only hotels/motels that wasn't price gouging during a soccer tournament weekend. But that should have been the first clue about what we were getting ourselves into. The only reason that I am not rating this place as "terrible" was because the staff was friendly and attentive (except the housekeeping staff in the mornings- the other reviewers are right; they will bang on your door early, even if you are checking out that day.) The location is convenient to downtown but it's in a very unpleasant setting; a row of budget motels and gas stations, mixed in with industrial and a giant firewood lot. (See the photo of the "view" from our room.) The rooms are pretty small and the painting/caulking is sloppy and poorly done. They have attempted to freshen the place up with newer carpet and bed covers but it didn't disguise the overall rundown feel of the place, nor the stained and worn out hallway carpet. They do offer microwaves and mini-fridges in the rooms but our fridge didn't work. The WiFi is terrible- the signal is so weak that you can't use it in the room. You have to go to the lobby or outside the building to get a strong enough signal to actually connect. The breakfast matched the level for which Super 8 is known: meager and poor quality. The coffee was awful, the muffins were still partially frozen and they only had one flavor of yogurt (and once the 6 containers were gone, you were out of luck.) There is a waffle machine, if that's your thing. But there was nothing healthy or with protein- mainly just breads and 2 options for cereal. They didn't even have peanut butter for the toast. There are no amenities- very bare bones lodging. The other reviewers are also right about the lack of cleanliness. The towels are threadbare and stained, there was debris on our carpet and we found someone's old sock under one of the beds. But it is pet friendly, so that's a positive.

Room Tip: As long as you can do stairs, request a 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We called the hotel one week prior to our reservation to cancel the reservation and the owner told us we had to cancel through Expedia. We did that and received confirmation. The hotel still kept our reservation and still marked us as "NO SHOW" and charged us for the reservation, denying not only our requests for a full refund, but also Expedia's request for a full refund.

The front desk clerk could not keep the details of our refund request straight and could not operate the computer as instructed via phone by the owner. The owner refused to come down to the hotel to speak with us and refused our request for refund. With previous law enforcement experience, I can confidently say that the desk clerk showed signs of being under the influence of drugs. She was rude even as we repeatedly explained that we canceled in the appropriate time frame and Expedia even requested (via phone) a full refund as well. She was very rude to the Expedia personnel too.

Then I asked the front desk clerk if I could please speak with the owner via phone and explain our case to him. She acted like she was calling the owner, but instead threatened to call the cops and have me removed, apparently per the owner's previous orders.

We continued to communicate with Expedia on the phone after we left and they have escalated our refund request with the hotel to their management. The front desk clerk and the owner continued to be rude and vulgar with us and with all Expedia representatives via phone.

After reading several reviews, this is not the first time that this property has intentionally incorrectly charged people for stays and pets fees. Our lesson learned! We will always read reviews prior to booking from now on. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family