“Still a diamond in the rough”

Taqueria Mexicana Mi Tierra
Ranked #50 of 210 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well worth the time to visit for sure everything is awesome authentic and makes me truly miss this gem in my former stomping grounds. Treat yourself, you truly wont be disappointed

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I guess that you can thank Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives for the birth of the restaurant at a gas station trend. Ever since they converted this gas station to a smoke shop / Mexican restaurant / convenience store, it's probably had way more business. I returned after a long absence and I got another breakfast burrito. I got the standard with bacon and smothered in half and half chili. Today the chili was a little HOTTER than average BUT NOT intolerable. A medium coffee from the convenience store and I had breakfast for under $8! You CAN'T beat that with the size and taste offered here.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I had heard great things about their breakfast burrito so I went with great expectations. The experience was....underwhelming. I had one with sausage. It was nothing special. There a number of places in town where the burrito excites your mouth. Unfirtunately, this is not one.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I've been away for a LONG time BUT I wanted to come back here to try the breakfast burrito again to check if was STILL good. YES! Prices appear to be the SAME TOO. It was a LONG breakfast burrito with potatoes, onions and eggs with bacon in my case all wrapped in a tortilla and smothered with half + half {Mild + Hot} chili that had shredded pork. VERY tasty and filling to boot. You STILL have to get ALL your beverages at the convenience store / smoke shop that houses the restaurant BUT that's NOT a bad thing. One of these days I'll HAVE to get lunch or dinner here because ALL the patrons assure me that it's JUST as good as breakfast.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I ALWAYS blew this place by when it was a gas station because the prices were ALMOST TEN CENTS per gallon more expensive than anywhere else in town. One day I saw that the place was being renovated and the tanks / pumps were being removed. It NEVER occurred to me that a small restaurant would be put in here let alone be any good!

SURPRISE! It's a great taqueria style restaurant with excellent breakfast burritos. I got the standard potato, eggs, cheese with bacon and smothered in green chili for only $5.50 with tax! It was pretty large and it tasted great. You had to buy your drinks from the EX-gas station NOW a smoke shop / convenience store but a medium {BIG} coffee was only $1.50 SO how can you beat a nice breakfast like that for $7 altogether?

There are fairly comfortable tables inside to sit down and eat with a few picnic tables outside as well. MOST people came in and took there orders to go. I spoke with them and they've ordered lunch and dinner too and they assured me that it's JUST as good if not better than breakfast. They have ALL the classics like Pozole, Menudo, Carne Asada, etc. I'll definitely be back for breakfast and I'll report on lunch or dinner when I get to them!