“Hit and Miss”

Grand Avenue Pub & Grille
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Description: The Grand Avenue Pub & Grille offers a calm, relaxing space for eating and enjoying good conversation. Our menu offers many creative and refreshing varieties. Salad bar, homemade soups and buffets for lunch and dinner Monday-Thursday. Also Friday night buffet. Each Sunday our Brunch offers great choices such as omelets made to order, superb waffles, awesome meats with great side dishes and a dessert lovers variety of sweets to finish out an terrific meal. Also Monday-Saturday, drop by the Grand Avenue Tavern and unwind in a traditional pub-style environment. Sip locally-brewed beer or indulge in a glass of wine. We offer nightly drink specials and live entertainment Fridays.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My ribs were great-- cooked well with tasty sauce. However, my baked potato had a bad spot that was at least a quarter of it's entire volume. My wife faired worse-- she wanted the pan fried walleye, and after a lengthy pause, the waitress came back and said they were out, so she got the perch at a 10% discount and asked for it to be pan fried as well. It came back with some sort of uncooked flour coating-- my wife asked several times and the waitress insisted it was just salt and pepper. My wife even brushed some of the flour away, and the uncooked consistency made it totally unappealing, and she didn't eat it. Her mash was inedible as well- a huge tasteless blob of stuff that same off her plate with a single lift of the fork. Luckily the cheese soup and salad bar gave her something to eat. Breakfast the next morning was another spilt decision-- loved my corn beef hash with poached egg but my wife again got the wrong pancake. Lovely hotel, great stay, but a little concentration would have helped here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed happy hour at the Grnd Avenue Pub & Grille. My wife and I drank pinot grigio while one friend drank a coke and the other had red wine. We ate a sandwhich. Soft music played in the background. A nice place for a conversation during happy hours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friday Fish Fry is Wonderful!!! The Atmosphere is Comfortable & Quiet!! Great Place to meet with Family & Friends!!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

My wife and I along with some friends arrive at about 6PM to eat before a show that started at 8PM. it took about 15 min to get our first drinks and another 10 or so to get our order taken. at 7:45 we asked about our food order and were told ours was next. we told them to cancel it. 1 1/2 hours and it was not even started. they need MANAGEMENT. it was not even that busy. will never go back again.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We have been staying at the Hotel Mead for 35 years whenever we come to Wisconsin Rapids from Phoenix to visit my wife's mother. In the early and mid years we always enjoyed the quality and service at the restaurants until a year or so ago when they closed the Cafe Milano which had gone down hill in quality and service. Reopened as the Grand Avenue Pub and Grill the food quality took a real nose dive as the ratings show until our current 10 day stay (Feb 18).

The quality of the food and the menu have improved dramatically since the latest chef arrived. We have tried multiple menu choices at breakfast, lunch and dinner and have not been disappointed. The service staff is friendly, accommodating and mostly attentive. I hope that anyone who has had a negative experience give them another try. We had a group o 6 on Sat and the salad bar, prime rib and, in my case, the sweet potato were excellent.

However,