Reviews (2 405)
2 405 results
All reviewschop houseunderground tunnelall inclusive packagejunior suitethe indoor water parkwave poolfull kitchenwisconsin riverroller coasterall agesoff seasongreat resortolder kidstwo queen bedsa lot of funyear oldsmini golf
61 - 66 of 2 405 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The waterparks were definitely the best part. The room was alright, housekeeping was lacking. The Kids Headquarters was a joke, I thought there would be more (and better) activities for my little ones. The food was mediocre and overpriced, although I think that's pretty typical of most hotels. I can't stand when "resorts" don't have good room service options. You can only get room service from one restaurant (pizza place) and they don't start until 4PM. Oh, and the "wave pool"? Not sure what was up with that, but I don't call barely choppy water a wave pool.

We had a pretty nice time, but I don't think we'll be visiting that resort again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Kaylyn Z, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Kelly S - We are very sorry to hear your experience at Chula Vista Resort wasn't as enjoyable as you had hoped. We will share your review with our Food and Beverage department and our management team for improvement.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We were really excited to stay at Chula Vista as this was our first visit. Immediately upon getting into the room we checked the beds and found both comforters were dirty and stained. My daughter then told me the bathroom smelled funny and when I went in immediately found mold and mildew on the shower curtain.

I called the front desk and it rang for 7 minutes with no one picking up the line. I tried 2 more times with the same issue. So we pulled the comforters off the beds and called again in the morning. Took 3 more times of calling. We asked for the bedding, comforters & shower curtains to all be changed and then told them we needed more towels as there were 4 people in our room (which our reservation was for) and they only had towels set up for 2 people.

I then went to make breakfast at the small kitchenette in our room and the frying pan was stained, there were only 2 plates 3 cups, 2 bowls- not a very well stocked kitchen.

We had to leave to go to Walmart to purchase plates, silverware, bowls and some cooking supplies. This was supposed to have been included with our stay.

The housekeepers FINALLY came at 4 pm. took our stained and mildewy items, but never replaced the bedding. We didn't realize this until we got back from dinner about 9 am and I had to call back down to the desk to get someone to bring up blankets. I asked them if they could please put a rush on it as we have 2 children who need to go to bed. I also asked for a 12:00 check out the next morning due to my daughter's dance competition performance being at 8 am. I was immediately told no, I then asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told she was it and the answer was no. She then hung up.

I have never had such horrible service by a hotel in my life. I honestly have had better service at Super 8 hotels. We will never come back and have already let several of our friends know they would be better off going to one of the other hotel/waterparks we have had MUCH better service from.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Lexie B
Kaylyn Z, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Lexie B - Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry that you did not receive the kind of service we are capable of providing and you deserve. Please check your private messages.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The check in went well and so did the first few days, but first of all, they don’t care about towels. We called numerous times to get new towels before finally getting them. Also we had to call more times to get the garbage taken. The front desk said that they worry about checked out rooms instead of their current customers. Also they blocked off half of the parking due to a truckers convention. So they asked us to park at the Golf Course and the shuttle will drive people over but yet when you’re waiting for them the shuttle just drove right on by.
The Waterpark was alright nothing spectacular and the drinks were watered down.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Drew S - Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Chula Vista Resort. We are disappointed that we didn't live up to your expectations, as our goal is to provide guests with a comfortable stay. We will share your review with our management team for future improvement.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed at the Chula Vista because of an athletic event that was going on nearby and some of the meetings were at the Chula Vista. We were there from Sunday to Sunday. Checking in went well. Housekeeping was horrible!!!! The only day they came was on Saturday without us calling down and asking for towels. The first few days they were out of wash cloths. There were 10 of us in a 2 bedroom condo. Our group also had two villas that had similar circumstances. We had to request towels and for housekeeping to come in get the trash one of the nights at 9 pm when we returned to our room. The only thing they would do the whole week was to bring towels and change the trash and recycling. We put our towels in the tub as requested and they never got them. Housekeeping stated all they will do during our stay is to provide clean towels and change the trash. We had to request a vacuum to vacuum the floors ourselves. The condo was extremely ill-equipped. There were three pots and pans total. One small skillet, one small sauce pan, and a large pot. One dish towel and one pot holder. There wasn't enough cutlery for everyone. The knives broke. The pizza cutter was broken. It was NOT a fully equipped kitchen. The kids enjoyed the waterpark but was bored very quickly. It was just not everything that was advertised. Very disappointed in our stay. Will not be back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Kaylyn Z, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells. We are disappointed that we didn't live up to your expectations, as our goal is to provide our guests with a comfortable stay. If you would like to further discuss your stay, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 608-678-3119 or email info@chulavistaresort.com.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Yikes! I'll never be back to this "resort." Was promised an early check in and a phone call when my room was ready... Neither happened. When we got to my room I was greeted by a spider. Tried to turn on a light to kill the spider, but the light was broken. Then went to open the balcony shade to get some light, it was broken off the ceiling! The tiles were dirty and the carpets were soaking wet! Good luck trying to find a manager... the best I could get after 5 days was a teenage "supervisior" who refused to do anything... Best yet, was when I was told I couldn't park in the parking lot because they had rented it out to a car club. A resort? I think not.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 327trisha

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is passionate about providing a high standard of hospitality and service, and extend our sincerest apologies that your experience was not reflective of that. Please check your private messages.