All reviews kettle moraine wildlife sanctuary quiet retreat heated floors each morning wonderful hosts breakfast was delicious lovely home b and b dvd player perfect stay first morning beautiful property two nights walk in shower first floor bend
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We booked the least expensive room for two nights.
First night: went fine, we were told that they only had one thermostat for entire house so they could not accommodate individual needs. They were fully booked and the temperature was perfect. Food and room were great. (Other than my foot going through a rotted board on the outside deck!)
Second night: this is where we felt inferior - when we returned around 7:30 pm we were playing pool on the second floor and sweating. When I asked the "host" if it was warmer, I was told the lady who rented the room (on the first floor - we were staying on the second floor) was cold so the "host" turned up the air conditioning (there were only two rooms booked that night)! I suggested that maybe she would be more comfortable on the second floor and was told, no they couldn't do that she booked the entire week. The "host" told me she would turn it down 1 degree and I could go into another room and get a fan if I was warm and make sure not to touch anything because the room was set up! So I got little sleep that night due to room being too warm, even with fan. It was unusually warm for WI for June - in the 90's! Plus breakfast was scheduled to accommodate the other person at 7:30, the first morning we had the option of 8 or 8:45
I have stayed at several other bed and breakfasts and have not experienced anything like this. I was asked the second day if I needed anything and I asked for towels and was told to get my dirty towels and she would exchange them. I just assumed they would go in room and make bed and replace dirty towels.

Room Tip: If you book the cheapest/smallest room be prepared to be treated accordingly
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Sally C, Owner at Hidden Serenity Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thanks, Sandy for the review. We appreciate all reviews and use them to improve where needed. Chris and I put our guests' experience at top priority no matter what room they are staying in. You sure experienced Wisconsin during an extremely hot few days. It reminded us that we needed to adjust our ventilation system for the summer season so that all rooms are at a comfortable level of coolness. We had the deck repaired immediately and inspected and all is good. Thanks for your understanding.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Hidden Serenity over Memorial Day weekend for two nights. Sally was very hospitable and knowledgeable of the area. We stayed in the Birds Eye View room which was very nice but if you prefer a tub, I would suggest upgrading to one of the other rooms. For a relaxing weekend, there was enough to do on the grounds, as well as an animal sanctuary across the street (which we HIGHLY recommend). We signed up for a couples massage which was pretty average. The massage therapist didn’t concentrate on the area I expressed had the most pain and the relaxing music kept skipping over and over, which was a little distracting. The breakfast was nice, however, if you are a picky eater beware, because what’s put in front of you is all you get. Coffee was delicious (husband and I actually ordered the brand of coffee once we got home). All in all, it was a very nice bed and breakfast, will visit again in the fall time :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Sally C, Owner at Hidden Serenity Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thanks Kristina for the review. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the fall. The woods surrounding the house are gorgeous that time of year! I appreciate the comments about the massages. We strive to make the massage experience relaxing and enjoyable. Our licensed massage therapists come highly recommended and I will check into the issue you mentioned with them and also the music in the spa room. Until we see you again in the fall - enjoy your Westrock Coffee!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed at the Hidden Serenity for two nights during the week. During our stay there weren't any other visitors so it was nice to have the place to ourselves, so to speak. Chris greeted us when we arrived and gave us a tour of the bed and breakfast and gave us some recommendations of some restaurants to visit in town.

We stayed in the Kettle Moraine Suite. It was a very nice room that had a sitting area with a view of the woods. The bathroom had heated floors, which we loved, and a double soaker tub. The tub was a bit small, however, my husband and I and are both smaller people. The breakfast was good. We went for a hike on their on-site trail it took about 30 mins to go through it. I liked that they had this feature available. We enjoyed the breakfast that was served. The omelettes were delicious.

Even though Sally was our direct contact we did not see her once. It would have been nice to have met her. Chris was very nice, accommodating, warm and friendly. He made our anniversary trip very special!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Sally C, Owner at Hidden Serenity Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thanks for your lovely review! Since Chris and I run the B&B together it is nice to know that when one of us is busy, the other can easily take care of our guests and serve our specialty breakfasts, like his signature omelettes. The week you stayed I was on stage in a local production, two shows a day. We do our musical for over 5000 children by the end of the week! It can be both exhausting and rewarding at the same time. Sorry I missed meeting you, perhaps next time!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We stayed at Hidden Serenity to celebrate our anniversary and we were very positively surprised with the place and hospitality. The room had everything we needed including a charming vinyl player, bed lights and heated floors in the bathroom.

The breakfast was simply amazing and unique with a very good coffee.

Both Sally and Chris were very helpful with suggestions for dinner and activities and we had very nice conversations, it felt that were at home.

For sure we will be back soon.

Room Tip: Quite Oak is an excellent choice and visit Shalom Wildlife Sanctuary that is 2 minutes away.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Sally C, Owner at Hidden Serenity Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thanks Pedro! Our guests have really been enjoying the record player we have in our Quiet Oaks room and the selection of albums available. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Spent a night at Hidden Serenity for the first time last weekend. It is a beautiful setting and I would like to go back in the summer or fall when the weather is nicer. Chris and Sally are humble and down to earth people, and breakfast was wonderful! Also, they were very accommodating with an issue I had with my car not being able to get up their sort of slick driveway due to my crappy tires. Also, our room was very nice with a mix of old and new. The sheets were amazing!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Sorry it took a bit to respond to your review but it made me chuckle remembering the issue with your car! We like to think that no matter what happens before our guests arrive, when they check in at Hidden Serenity they are able to clear their minds, and enjoy the days they have away from it all. Thanks for making me smile!