“Farm cooking”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Was by for a business breakfast and all went well. The service was top notch giving us as much time as we wanted both before and after ordering. The Skillets were great as well as the typical breakfast menu. Nice rustic decor with a more than adequate country gift shop.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I don't think I have had a bad meal here. It's homemade country cooking. You get family style fixn's and your drinks come in a mason jar. Kids meals get served in a toy truck. You can even do a little shopping in their store before and/or after your meal.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Met friends here for a Friday fish fry. Farmer setting with cozy, long booths and tables in the middle. Wait staff is well trained and recommended the unadvertised fish fry. Delicious.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Came off as a nice family restaurant. I heard they had good prime rib so I decided to give it a try. The atmosphere was something of a high end Cracker Barrel. Friends and family around large tables, homestyle cooking, kitschy Knick knacks in a gift shop. Once I was seated my server was nice but not overly friendly, she was super prompt on my order, drinks, and very helpful, just not what I would expect at a family friendly place. I went with the prime rib (duh) and she brought me back a plate of “fixins” that had a couple types of bread on it with some slaw and a bowl of cinnamon apples. I didn’t partake as I had a huge prime rib coming and I didn’t want to fill up on bread. The prime rib was awesome. Tender enough to cut with a butter knife. The potato was okay but small. The veg that came with it looked tasty but not for me. I also grabbed a dessert on my way out and had it just now. The chocolate cake is worth every penny.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Even though we though we found a great breakfast place already, we decided to try someplace new to us. After looking over the TripAdvisor reviews, we chose The Machine Shed for our breakfast stop. Boy, are we glad we did! What a warm, fun, family friendly restaurant with a great local-eatery feel. Despite it being our first time here, we were greeted and treated like regular customers. While looking over the menu, The Old Lady felt obligated to try their Bacon Bloody Mary due to never having seen or tasted one before. The Bacon Bloody Mary was listed as being made with bacon vodka. It came garnished with a large piece of meat stick, thick slab of bacon, what seemed like a homemade pickle, an olive, a small tomato, and a cube on Wisconsin cheese (see the attached photos.) It was spicy and pretty good, and served with a Spotted Cow beer chaser. If The Old Lady hadn't been completely blown away by the Bloody Mary served at the Magical Meat Boutique in Mt. Dora, Florida, she would've said this was one of the best Bloody Marys she has had. It certainly was the most fun one, though. We ordered the Cattleman's Breakfast the Harvest Skillet, and a biscuit with sausage gravy. The Old Lady pronounced the biscuit with grave as excellent. The harvest skillet was very good. The Cattleman's Breakfast had a nice sized serving of steak. The server was extremely attentive and very friendly. What a comfortable, relaxing place to have breakfast. We will be returning.