“Shopping for Italian groceries”

Glorioso's Italian Market
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Milwaukee
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Glorioso’s Italian Market is a family-owned business located on Brady Street since 1946. Purveyors of old-world Italian specialties in the heart of Milwaukee's East Side. Fresh, handmade sausages, mouthwatering deli creations and piping hot pizza are just a few of our specialties. Browse our aisles of cheese, wine and pasta. Linger over the amazing selection of olive oils, fresh and frozen pastas, and delicious bakery creations. With a vast array of olives, cheeses, wines, imported meats and delectable sandwiches, along with pastries, cookies, and gelato, Glorioso’s is the perfect stop for a great meal.Glorioso’s has been tantalizing the public’s taste buds with rare Mediterranean treats for over 6 decades. Upon stepping over the threshold, you can see that, four generations later, this is one store that has kept its old world charm. As you walk through the store, you will see family photos scattered throughout. If you stay long enough, you’re bound to run into Joe, Ted or Eddie, the founding brothers, ready to fill you in on the history behind each photograph: from pictures when they got out of the service in WWII, to the first truck they bought for the store, to the TV commercials that feature cameos of two more family members.But if the looks alone aren’t enough, just inhale deeply and you will catch the aroma of one of the many secret family recipes wafting from the back deli. It could be Nonno Felice’s sausage recipe, made fresh daily. Or it could be the house marinara sauce simmering on the stove. Or the Trio’s pizza baking to perfection in the oven.Glorioso’s won the award for Small Business of the Year in 2007, and has had numerous articles written about us in the Milwaukee Journal and the Shepherd Express. We won “Milwaukee’s Best Deli - 2011" from OnMilwaukee and our new store has received several awards for its innovative design. Bring the family over, we'd love to meet you!
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Glorioso’s is the best Italian grocery store in Milwaukee! They have a great selection of cheese, meat pasta, wine .... you can enjoy prepared meals for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Food was spectacular, service was spectacular and the selection was spectacular. Cannot wait to go there again. Planning our next trip now.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

First rate customer service. If you are looking for specialty cheeses, meats, Italian treats - go here! They have an excellent selection of frozen house-made specialties - fresh pastas, sauces, etc. They also have a wonderful selection of coffees and Italian sodas and cookies. Love this place!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Made it a point to visit Glorioso’s market on a Saturday morning after I forgot my camera in Milwaukee the weekend before. Oops. This market is GREAT!!! When I entered, I was welcomed by a couple of younger workers and older ones alike. There was a couple of free samples you could try, from gelato, of which I really liked, to different Glorioso’s spaghetti/Italian sauces, of which I bought their tomato cream sauce. VERY VERY tasty.. I absolutely loved their cannolis!!! The best I’ve ever had. Their deli is absolutely amazing!!!! There are a lot of things to buy, some of which are not Italian, which the young man behind the counter admitted. I had Frutti di Mare, very good seafood. Their Asiago pasta salad was quite delicious. I ordered their Human Torch sandwich and let’s just say I got torched. It was quite spicy and I love that kind of thing. They have great tasting Galvanina Italian sodas (something I don’t normally drink hardly any of): orange, red grapefruit, pomegranate and my favorite, ginger beer. The only thing I didn’t like was the attitude of one of the cashiers. Wish I would have gotten her name to chat with management about it. When I went to checkout, I mentioned that one of the nice other workers had said I could mix and match a dozen sodas for the same price as if you buy one case of all one flavor (you can do that in many places with specialty beers, sodas-ie.. New Glarus beer,etc,etc). She got confrontational about it, until the manager came up and said it was ok. When I came back from getting my car to pick up a large order of food, she was still standoffish about it. Not professional by any means. Anyways, overall, I would go back again without question. You feel like a kid in a candy store in a place like Glorioso’s with sooo many choices. And everyone (except one person who won’t ruin my attitude about this place) was super nice and friendly. The prices aren’t too bad and a lot of things are made by them.
Thanks for reading. If you feel this review has helped you, it would be appreciated if you would tap the button below. Thank you

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Old fashioned Italian Deli fare - we ordered a Milwaukee Muffalatts and a Felice sandwich - it was way too much to eat at one sitting so we ate 1/2 and bagged the other half for later because we had to have dessert - a giant Neapolitan and a Dolce Leche - both were outstanding!
Ps: the 1/2 sandwich was every bit as good and tasty the following day.