See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the B & B and Mary gave us a tour of the whole house and welcomed us to enjoy it. In the evening we stood out on the deck stargazing and watching an abundance of fire flies light up in the trees and the grounds, you can also hear the frogs in the distance. After a peaceful night's sleep our hosts Phil and Mary had made a gormet breakfast for us.
Our hosts were very accommodating and went out of their way to make sure any needs we had were met, including offering to make reservations at a local restaurant for us. We experienced true hospitality and a beautiful, quiet, relaxing atmosphere.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at this gem on our journey on the Great River Road. Mary and Phil were the best! The views were spectacular no matter which way you look. Breakfast was amazing! We felt very much at home. Truly a gem!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jrasque
Reviewed 1 June 2017

This was a wonderful place to stay, so quiet and charming. We enjoyed a nice hike on the property. We were spoiled with the West Wing room which was so cozy and we really enjoyed the 4 season room. Phil and Mary were gracious in the details of wine and flowers in our room and an excellent breakfast the next day. Wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We recently had the good fortune to discover the About Time Country Escape. The spacious, beautifully designed contemporary home is tucked into a pastoral setting on beautiful grounds. Our welcoming hosts, Mary and Phil, have created a wonderful refuge and their two free-ranging alpacas added even more to the allure of the serene and nurturing experience. The well-designed, comfortable contemporary home beckons and inspires. The location is perfect to explore nearby wineries, art studios, small towns, and nature. Breakfasts were delicious, wholesome, and satisfying and included homemade treats and fruit smoothies. We enjoyed the serenity of our large, well-furnished room, called the West Wing. It was a veritable suite, with comfortable king bed and bedding, a delightful and cozy sitting room, and a luxurious bathroom with spa tub and shower wand, and many amenities. The windows provided delightful views to the grounds, wetlands, woods, and fields surrounding their property.

Mary and Phil are a perfect team and we genuinely look forward to our next visit.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2016

A long overdue review to sing my praises of About Time Country Escape. Phil and Mary are two of the most genuinely warm and caring people I have ever met. They opened up their home to me, and instantly I felt like family. Their home is immaculate and spacious and beautifully decorated.
They started off my mornings with fresh coffee and delsh breakfasts items like yummy omelets and quiche with lots of fresh veggies, waffles, muffins, fresh fruits, coffee and juices. And also amazing were Mary's scrumptious honey oat breakfast bars. (Which I forgot to ask her for the recipe!)
The views are amazing all the way around...from inside the great room with it's floor to ceiling windows, to the room I stayed in called the " West Wing" which has an an suite sitting room with lovely views, and out on the two decks which overlook their beautifully manicured yard (with the help of their amazing family members, a pair of friendly and very handsome alpacas named Gino and Vinnie) and all out over the beautiful countryside that I could see for miles. It was glorious and so serene.
The king size bed in my room was absolutely amazing!! It's the most comfortable and plush mattress and pillows I have ever slept on. Honest to goodness...I have NEVER slept so comfortably in years! I really miss that bed!! The en suite bathroom was spacious, with a sweet jacuzzi tub, (also with a great view out the big round window) and even plush robes, and it also contained a really nice open closet/dressing room area with plenty of space for my clothes and personal items. It had all the comforts of home. (ONLY BETTER!!)
Also of mention, was the home theater, which was fun for the movie night.
I truly had such a wonderful, relaxing time staying at About Time with Phil and Mary, and meeting them was definitely a high point. I am so looking forward to staying with them again next year when I go back for the annual festivities in neighboring Plum City.
Anyone who is in doubt, I highly recommend staying at About Time. You won't have to worry about a thing, because it is so relaxing and peaceful and comfortable there, you'll forget you even had a worry to begin with!! :D

XOXO to Phil, Mary and daughter Lisa.

Room Tip: The West Wing bath is nicely equipped for people needing extra assistance. And the king size bed and pillows are so plush!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo