4 people have started booking this hotel
US$283
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$277
Agoda.com
US$283
US$258
PricelineUS$283
Expedia.comUS$277
CheapTicketsUS$277
All reviews speak easy bocce ball the main house speakeasy bar fire pit movie room located within walking distance perfect weekend walked everywhere downtown area get away apothecary ulysses property igloo keurig sheets
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2021

My husband and I stayed in the Ulysses S Grant Suite. I was impressed by the quality service from walking in the door and throughout our whole stay from the front desk staff, the bartenders, etc. Our suite was spacious, excellent historical charm, with some modern updates. Has a working fireplace, comfortable bed, neat claw foot tub and has access to walk out to a balcony in nicer weather. I was impressed by their utilization of igloos in the colder weather and with COVID. It was 40-50s the weekend we stayed with rain and wind and we were very comfortable in the igloo. Only thing I would recommend is considering small blankets to be offered to guests to use outside. If it wasn’t for the igloo and outdoor space, I do feel that the seating may have been cramped indoors this busy weekend with the outside guests coming in, but didn’t notice it at all with the ample outdoor seating available. I think this place would be perfection if they had some food offerings, since the rooms and mansion are so nice you don’t want to leave! But heard this may be in the works.

The speakeasy and the apothecary were quite cool. Our drinks were excellent, bartenders were skilled.

Already working on planning a trip back!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 9 January 2021

We have never been to the Maxwell Mansion but have stayed at other places in Lake Geneva.I have always wanted to come here and we finally made it.The front desk host was so nice and showed us to our room,she was awesome at answering any questions we had and I give her 5 stars the best,we stayed Jan 7-8-2021.We loved our Ulysses Grants room which was in the main home and the bartender that night was awesome also,5 stars for him best Amaretto stone sour ever,we even got a tour of the speak easy,I love that they had a small fridge in our room and hope they put a small microwave in the rooms in near future.I heard they have new owners.Our room was very large and I do not have any complaints and hope to be back in the near future.I love all the historical charm,I was so impressed and in awe and highly recommend staying here.Housekeeping had this place spotless also so 5 stars for them.Hope to be back soon

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Gabriele W
Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

Fantastic Apothecary drinks and service by Chaz a truly remarkable professional tender bartender! Incredibly sweet rooms to share love and tasty creations. Outdoor igloos with fireplaces and cozy blankets. Don’t miss if you can stand all the out of staters!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 13 November 2020

We celebrated my 40th birthday at Maxwell Mansion and everything was wonderful! Staying in the main mansion was really a unique experience, along with the the speakeasy bar, and the added fun in dressing up in 1930's attire - it made for a perfect evening, and so much better than staying in a standard hotel. All of the staff were super helpful and accommodating for our stay, the mansion is also very clean and seems well maintained (we only stayed in the main mansion, and being November we didn't see much of the outside grounds). Be aware that it is an older estate, so accommodation are more like bedrooms rather than a modern hotel room. The ambiance of the house was great, and was as expected for us - our whole group of 15 really had a great experience! We will definitely be back and intend to plan another event at the mansion in the future!

Room tip: Staying in the main mansion gives more of a unique experience (especially if you are staying with a group).
Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed in the carriage house which is a 2-story building with room access from the outside. One reviewer commented that this was a rehabbed 60's motel. It's more of an inn. There was plenty of room. King size bed was firm and very comfortable. Slept so well (memory foam). So nice to be able to see beforehand the exact room we were getting. The jacuzzi was a perfect size for two. Loved the shower and ambience of the bathroom. Mansion is close to downtown Lake Geneva. We walked everywhere and didn't need to pay for parking in town or deal with traffic. We wanted an outside fire and Claudia came out to assist. Inside of the mansion is vintage and charming. A perfect visit! Highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2020