13 people are viewing this hotel
US$308
Free cancellation until 21/08/05
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$308
Hotels.comUS$308
FindHotelUS$324
Reviews (1 476)
1 476 results
All reviews lazy river water park toddler area bbq restaurant bedroom suite older kids grand geneva pony rides game room kids love hot tub pull out couch horseback riding get away kiddie pool dvd player lifeguards
Selected filters
6 - 11 of 1 476 reviews
Reviewed 10 May 2021

It really pains me to write this review because we just returned from probably our seventh trip at this resort. The first six were obviously enjoyable, or it would not be somewhere that we would return to each year. It's even a place we have recommended to countless friends. All of the the things that we liked about the resort were still there except one. However that one thing is the most important of them all, and that is the ability to feel safe with your family. That is now completely lacking from Timber Ridge, and thus the reason I am giving them the worst review I have ever given a business. In the past, Timber Ridge would always check the wristbands of hotel guests at the entrance to the water park. At that time they would also check your bag. This is of course to make sure that everyone entering the water park is a registered guest. We of course always show up with our wrist bands. However because they no longer check them, we routinely saw groups of eight people with only three wearing wristbands. Groups of six people with only two wearing wristbands. Then of course groups with no wristbands at all. These happen to be the people that are not there to have fun, but to cause trouble.

We were there for one night. I brought my young daughter to the water park while my wife unpacked in our room. Less than one hour after being there I was accosted by a man while in line for the water slide with my young daughter and some friends my daughter had just made at the water park that day. I defused the situation by walking away figuring this man was simply delusional, had me confused with someone else, or both.

Less than a half hour later I'm sitting at a table (in the water park) where my wife had now joined me. We were both watching our daughter swim with these friends she had made. This same man aggressively approached our table and hovers over us. He demands that I apologize to his family and points to a group of around twenty-five people sitting at multiple tables by the door to the water park entrance. I told him "I have no idea who you or your family are as we have never met. So no, I'm not going anywhere and apologizing to anyone." He said, "If you do not, I will knock your "(blanking)" block off and all of us will jump you." This all happened out in the open with several tables sitting next to us (that we didn't know) coming up to us after he walked away. They all offered their support.

He then walked back to his family, and with-in a few minutes they all packed up and left the water park. I immediately went to the front desk and explained exactly what happened. Mark (the Operations Manager) immediately came out from behind the desk to speak to me one on one. Mark handled the situation very professionally. He met me down in the water park area ten minutes later with their head of public safety. They took a full report from me. Mark offered to cancel our reservation at Timber Ridge and move us to The Grand Geneva Resort (we would have had to pay their full rate). I really wanted to take him up on the offer, but how do you pull a child out of a water park after she made a bunch of friends? Mark told me we could take a few hours to decide. I told him that it looks like these people left, and I know my daughter won't want to leave. So we decided to stay.

However the rest of our stay I always had to worry if these people were waiting to beat me up in the elevator, or stab me while going up the stairs. Even worse I had to worry about them harming my wife and daughter. Worst of all, outside of the man that accosted me twice, I didn't even know who these people were. I only saw these twenty-five people sitting down from one hundred and fifty feet away. So it could have been anyone laying in wait to harm my family.

We eventually ate dinner in downtown Lake Geneva at our usual spot. We returned to Timber Ridge at 8:30 pm only to see four police suvs parked at the front entrance to the lobby. There is no telling what happened to bring out four squads of police, but it couldn't have been minor to draw that response. We were relieved to see the police because at least we knew we couldn't be harmed while they were there. We really wished the police could have stayed.

Anyways we will not be returning anytime soon to Timber Ridge. The entire idea of a night away is to have fun and relax with your family. For the most part you take your safety as a given. A trip is completely ruined when you can't even start out with the safety of your family as an automatic. As I said Mark was professional in dealing with me, however it is their policies that brought about this unsafe environment. Even Sunday morning before we left we noticed so many people in the water park without wristbands. My wife even went to the pool desk to ask if they could please check wristbands. They said that they really should watch that, but never did. It's just a shame that such a nice property has intentionally ruined itself by ignoring the safety of their guests. I have sent more families to this property than I can count. I will now be sending each and every one of them a text about our experience. I would hate to see something bad happen to people I know and love, especially on my recommendation. The safety of my family is my number one responsibility in life. It"s a responsibility I take very seriously, and I do not feel that my family can be safe at Timber Ridge!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 23 April 2021

Room needs updated badly, not what I expected, only a large jacuzzi tub in bathroom, my mom who is elderly, couldn’t take a shower was to afraid of falling. Not sure what the $25.00 resort fee was for, didn’t receive anything, if it’s for the Internet. I didn’t need the Internet For $25.00 a day. The pool is very hard to get out of. Pool area is mostly geared toward younger children. Would not recommend this resort.

1  Thank alicehO6996ZQ
Reviewed 23 April 2021

We took our 2.5 year old for a two night stay mid-week and had a great time! My son LOVED the waterpark and the zero entry area was just perfect for him. It was much smaller than anything in the dells, but perfect for his age. The room was very basic but had everything that we needed. We had a dinner and breakfast at the small restaurant and both were good. My only compliant was that the king bed in the bedroom was VERY hard. I had a better night sleep on the pull out couch the second night! We also asked for a late checkout of 1pm since the hotel seemed pretty empty and were told that would be a $25 charge so we checked out at 11am.

Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

This was our first trip to Timber Ridge. We chose it as we felt it would be slightly less crowded than WI dells and it offered rooms with a kitchenette. We booked a two room. There is a private room with a king sized bed and then a queen bed up in a loft area. Because the loft area opened to the main living area, we had the kids (3 and 6) sleep in the king room for safety. The reservation specialist specifically mentioned the layout prior to booking to ensure we were fully informed. The kitchenette (full size fridge, cooktop, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and dishwasher- all dishes included) was perfect for us as we have a child with food allergies and do not dine out frequently. There was also a small living room/fireplace and two full bathrooms. It was the perfect amount of space for us. The room was relatively clean but the carpet could use some updating. The beds were very comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and very quick to drop off any extra needed items to our room.

The water park was perfect for younger kids- I think older kids might get bored. There are two main slides- one tube that younger kids can ride w/ an adult and one body slide that requires the rider to be at least 48” and a strong swimmer. There is also a lazy river, larger pool with basketball hoops and a large toddler area with several small slides, water tables and swings. There is a hot tub that leads to outside as well as an “adults-only” hot tub area. There were plenty of tables and we never waited in line for the slides.

There is also an arcade with fun games for kids of all ages as well as multiple free activities that are hosted like movies and art/crafts. They have a small mini-golf course near the water park but it was raining so we did not try it out.

Located on the property is a farm with a small, free petting zoo and trail rides (7+) or pony rides (6 & under).

Over-all it was a pleasant experience! If the rooms were updated a bit I would have given 5 stars.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2021

First of all, it was Easter week - everything was jammed. I should have realized that things would be crazy. It started with a 45 minute line to check-in. Desk clerk was friendly but not at all thorough. No explanation of anything...free pizza, arcade money, that dishes were in the dishwasher, trolley schedule, and more. Almost nada, Had to keep asking to get answers. The pool was JAMMED - no distancing or enforcement of masks. Lifeguards were friendly and very attentive. Staff in the only (small) restaurant were also friendly. We were in room 336 - towel bar hanging off wall, most lamp shades were ripped, askew or crushed. Heard EVERYTHING from upstairs, next door and the elevator across the hall. My twin 12 y/o grandkids were bored with the waterpark after 1 night and 1/2 day. And then there's that $25 resort fee - the only thing I was told it covered (after I had to ask) was "free" WIFI. We spent $75 for 3 days of WIFI - total ripoff - and not free at all. All in all, I expected a LOT more for a Marcus property and the Grand Geneva. Never going back except to cash in kids' arcade tickets. We left too quickly this morning they didn't have time to cash in. I don't like giving bad reviews but this was not a good experience. Beware and good luck.

Room tip: Stay at the main Grand Geneva lodge...or in Lake Geneva proper,
1  Thank JohnMKE