Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$488
View deal
Hotels.comUS$488
CheapTicketsUS$488
Orbitz.comUS$488
TravelocityUS$488
TripadvisorUS$488
FindHotel
All reviews champagne suite butler service open to the public crab cakes view of the lake brunch versailles fireplace weekend anniversary wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived at Lake Geneva Saturday evening and went to Baker Hotel and restaurant in Lake Geneva . We’ve been there several times and the food is always amazing ! Great prices beautiful views and after dinner they have a wonderful outside cabana and fire pits you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine . Although we didn’t stay in the hotel I recommend this restaurant it’s been around for years and it’s always good my husband had filet mignon which was a plus A plus, I had chicken piccata it was also A plus . Our server was new but very nice . I highly recommend this restaurant

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2018

We stayed at the Baker House Hotel for a business weekend retreat. Jonathan greeted with a cheery smile and felt very welcome. Moham and Andres checked us in with complimentary drinks and gave us some history about the mansion. Sunday brunch is to die for. Whatever your craving is, they have it. Claudia was a great hostess. I had a very nice time. The staff made this weekend very memorable for me and my husband.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We spent Labor Day in Lake Geneva and Baker House was an absolute dream. First, we were pleased to find a parking spot dedicated to our specific room. It was located right in front of the entrance. Right as we walked inside, we were in awe. The decor is something out of an elegant movie, with hats hanging on every wall. We were greeted by the butler, shown to and around our room, and were delighted to be welcomed to the sunset champagne gathering on the 2nd floor of the house.

The room was amazing. The bathroom was spacious, clean, elegant, and the shower is incredible. The view is amazing. Baker House is right across from the gorgeous lake and located in a prime spot in town. It's a walkable distance from restaurants, bars, shops, etc.

We will definitely be back.

Thanks for the stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We loved seeing the setting of the sun. It was interesting that all the patrons are encouraged to wear a hat at dinner. There are lots of laughs if you have a group of friends. The meal offerings were scant and the wine list minimal. The food was we'll prepared. The service was very good and wait staff worked together to ensure your meal is hot. Overall, it was a nice experience.
I would encourage the owners to expand the.menu and wine list so they can attract more customers. Their venue will be a Big attraction.

Date of stay: August 2018
717travele2, Baker House Matriarch at Baker House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2019

Thank you for your suggestions - this summer the Baker House celebrates it 10th season and we are restoring refreshing and breathing new life into the historic gem. After several months of being closed and many changes we are excited to announce a RELAUNCH this Memorial Day weekend. We greatly appreciate your support and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

My husband and I spend our anniversary in Lake Geneva, walking around town, enjoying the lovely shops and the lake. We had dinner reservations at the Baker House Hotel. We entered the Hotel and found it a charming Historic Preservation House. We were seated on the porch overlooking the lake. The menu was quite limited, with only four entrees offered. But the soups , salads and appetizers were broad in nature and by combining them, we ordered their excellent she crab soup and cheese fondue. Perfect until that moment, and then....... our server, previously delightful and funny, took our dessert order and vanished! After twenty five minutes (yes, I said 25) we had yet to see her at all. I went in search and eventually found her serving a large party in another room. She said she would be right over (hyperbolic- after five minutes I went to get her again and she told me they forgot to prepare the dessert- sorry). I asked for the check, waited, saw the hostess (who informed me she couldn’t find the waitress because she was a hostess not a server). We finally got the check, paid and left in disgust. As we were leaving we saw the manager, who apologized and said he knew there were problems with service and he was trying to figure out how to resolve them (say what?).
What a sad ending to a well planed day for our 48th Anniversary. Fortunately, we celebrate often, but never again at the Baker House Hotel.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ilea G

Dear Mrs G. I personally hope to see you this August to celebrate your Anniversary, your experience last year was not at all what we built our reputation on and we are so regretful. This summer the Baker House celebrates it 10th season and we are restoring refreshing and breathing new life into the historic gem. After several months of being closed we are excited to announce a RELAUNCH this Memorial Day weekend. We greatly appreciate your understanding and our sincerest apologies!