2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$488
View deal
Hotels.comUS$488
CheapTicketsUS$488
Orbitz.comUS$488
TravelocityUS$488
TripadvisorUS$488
FindHotel
All reviews champagne suite butler service open to the public crab cakes view of the lake brunch versailles fireplace weekend anniversary wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We spent Labor Day in Lake Geneva and Baker House was an absolute dream. First, we were pleased to find a parking spot dedicated to our specific room. It was located right in front of the entrance. Right as we walked inside, we were in awe. The decor is something out of an elegant movie, with hats hanging on every wall. We were greeted by the butler, shown to and around our room, and were delighted to be welcomed to the sunset champagne gathering on the 2nd floor of the house.

The room was amazing. The bathroom was spacious, clean, elegant, and the shower is incredible. The view is amazing. Baker House is right across from the gorgeous lake and located in a prime spot in town. It's a walkable distance from restaurants, bars, shops, etc.

We will definitely be back.

Thanks for the stay!

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We loved seeing the setting of the sun. It was interesting that all the patrons are encouraged to wear a hat at dinner. There are lots of laughs if you have a group of friends. The meal offerings were scant and the wine list minimal. The food was we'll prepared. The service was very good and wait staff worked together to ensure your meal is hot. Overall, it was a nice experience.
I would encourage the owners to expand the.menu and wine list so they can attract more customers. Their venue will be a Big attraction.

Date of stay: August 2018
717travele2, Baker House Matriarch at Baker House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2019

Thank you for your suggestions - this summer the Baker House celebrates it 10th season and we are restoring refreshing and breathing new life into the historic gem. After several months of being closed and many changes we are excited to announce a RELAUNCH this Memorial Day weekend. We greatly appreciate your support and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

My husband and I spend our anniversary in Lake Geneva, walking around town, enjoying the lovely shops and the lake. We had dinner reservations at the Baker House Hotel. We entered the Hotel and found it a charming Historic Preservation House. We were seated on the porch overlooking the lake. The menu was quite limited, with only four entrees offered. But the soups , salads and appetizers were broad in nature and by combining them, we ordered their excellent she crab soup and cheese fondue. Perfect until that moment, and then....... our server, previously delightful and funny, took our dessert order and vanished! After twenty five minutes (yes, I said 25) we had yet to see her at all. I went in search and eventually found her serving a large party in another room. She said she would be right over (hyperbolic- after five minutes I went to get her again and she told me they forgot to prepare the dessert- sorry). I asked for the check, waited, saw the hostess (who informed me she couldn’t find the waitress because she was a hostess not a server). We finally got the check, paid and left in disgust. As we were leaving we saw the manager, who apologized and said he knew there were problems with service and he was trying to figure out how to resolve them (say what?).
What a sad ending to a well planed day for our 48th Anniversary. Fortunately, we celebrate often, but never again at the Baker House Hotel.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ilea G

Dear Mrs G. I personally hope to see you this August to celebrate your Anniversary, your experience last year was not at all what we built our reputation on and we are so regretful. This summer the Baker House celebrates it 10th season and we are restoring refreshing and breathing new life into the historic gem. After several months of being closed we are excited to announce a RELAUNCH this Memorial Day weekend. We greatly appreciate your understanding and our sincerest apologies!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I love an Old Character home, we came in for lunch and ended up staying the night on a random trip to Lake Geneva. We could not have had a better time, the restaurant was reasonably priced and good. Fri and Sat are the nights to go. Champagne toasts and dinner music. We stayed in the champagne room, we had our morning coffee in the second-floor study, best views!! Our butler did greet us but we were never able to reach him on the phone for service after that. That was the only issue we had and it's a weird one to have. I am already excited to go back.
Staff seemed very friendly but also maybe understaffed,

Room tip: The Versaille room I think is the only room with full view of the lake, wear the hats it's fun!
Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed 11 April 2018

After reading the other reviews of the Baker House I had very high expectations. My husband and I were ready relax and enjoy some time away in the Versailles Suite. We arrived about 20 minutes before 4:00 and were not received well. When I rang the bell a lady came out of the back looking irritated. I apologized for arriving early and said we could go wait in the bar until 4;00. She was very short with me and told me there was no bartender, and to hang on, she would find someone. A minute later, Jonathan, the butler came in and very kindly took our shopping bags and walked us into the bar where Brent was waiting to pour us a glass of champagne. Jonathan went to the car, got our bags, took it all up, then came and got us from the bar. He walked us to our room and showed us around but I could tell he was in a hurry to get back to getting ready for the event that evening. We had been looking forward to, but did not get, a tour like so many other reviewers had mentioned.
The Versailles Suite is accessed from the second floor sitting room which gave us an uncomfortable lack of privacy. There was a couple in the sitting room on the sofa right outside our door for most of the late afternoon/evening. We were pretty sure that they could hear everything we said and did.
We participated in the Murder Mystery event, which was fantastic! We had a great time chatting with other guests and playing along although we did not solve the mystery! The show was interactive, hilarious, and fun. Unfortunately the 2nd event wasn't over until 10:30 or so and was held directly under our room; then people lingered at the bar making it difficult for us to sleep. It's an old house with seemingly inadequate insulation and soundproofing.
We were also disappointed that the canopy on our bed had been removed; it looked as if it had been sawed off. The room was smaller than it looked in the pictures and the bathroom was tiny. We felt that the room was overpriced and the service was just, "fine."

Room tip: The Versailles Suite has fantastic views, but is located directly above the piano on the first floor.
Date of stay: February 2018
3  Thank amers52

We are so sorry to learn of your experience as it is not the level of quality the Baker House was built on. This summer the Baker House celebrates it 10th season and we are restoring refreshing and breathing new life into the historic gem. After several months of internal changes (and hopefully being able to fix the beautiful canopy that had broken) we are excited to announce a RELAUNCH this Memorial Day weekend. We greatly appreciate your support and hope to see you again soon.