14 people are viewing this hotel
US$286
Free cancellation until 21/08/05
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Reviews (2 763)
2 763 results
1 660
1 660
All reviews chop house golf course grand geneva bathroom mirror playboy club junior suite lobby bar get away grounds are beautiful fire pit ski hill fitness center great golf christmas decorations the main lodge steam room water park
Selected filters
23 - 28 of 2 763 reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2021

Exceeded our expectations. It has been many years since I have been here but the resort and the service has been upgraded. Everyone is very attentive. There is a lot to do in and around the resort. We were kept busy all weekend while our kids was in a dance competition. Excellent venue for a convention.

Date of stay: April 2021
Courtney Nobilio, Guest Services / Front Office at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2021

Wow, you made our day! We are beyond excited that we could exceed your expectations. Thank you for sharing the rave reviews, and we hope your group will be back for another competition again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2021

I have been going to the Grand Geneva for over 25 years. I have fantastic memories as a kid roaming the expansive hallways, and enjoying time with my family and friends. Now in my 30's, I still enjoy roaming those same halls and taking in the amazing views and architecture.

I do agree there are some areas that could use some TLC but I am not quick to use the word "out dated". The Grand Geneva has a style and charm that I believe is timeless.

We visited the weekend before the remodeling of the Lobby Lounge and Grand Cafe. We had dinner at the Grand Cafe and really enjoyed the ambiance and food. Before checking out we had our coffees and breakfast (plus a bloody mary) in the Lobby Lounge and said goodbye.

The Grand Geneva is an amazing destination always worth visiting and we are very excited to return and see what they have done!

Room tip: Lake View rooms are worth it
Date of stay: April 2021

We can't wait to welcome you back! Thanks for being such a loyal guest over the last 25 years. It is memories like yours that make our job so special. We love creating the memories and hearing about all of the memories! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 20 April 2021

Stayed there for one night for a birthday. First, the good: The setting and views are wonderful. The food & service at ChopHouse was exceptional. I would rate these very highly.

However, there are some major drawbacks here. First, there was little social distancing and almost no one trying to enforce it. Lots of people in the lobby and in dining areas with no masks. There was a wedding party with no one wearing masks. And there was an actual dance club/floor in the bar area crammed with dancers with no masks. In any of these areas, I never saw any staff even attempt to enforce their own stated Covid policies. Definitely a super spreader resort.

Second, the rooms were old and dated with very low ceilings and definitely in need of renovations. Nothing very unpleasant, but nothing that makes you think that this is a high-end resort. Also, the rooms were very hot at night even with the thermostat at it's lowest setting, so it was hard to get any sleep.

Finally, for such a large resort, there were really limited dining options for breakfast/lunch unless you wanted to eat at a buffet with tons of unmasked guests looking over the food! Also, for a resort in that setting, I was very surprised to see the complete lack of outdoor dining spaces. We would have loved to sit outside for a nice meal and enjoy the views, but there was no place for it.

For a highly rated, highly priced resort, these issues were hard to overcome and I doubt we'll be going there again.

Room tip: We were in building 4 on the 3rd floor facing the lake/course and the view was awesome
Date of stay: April 2021
Courtney Nobilio, Guest Services / Front Office at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2021

We are so sorry to hear that your recent experience was not what you were hoping for. We are happy to share, we are in the process of some renovations that include additional outdoor dining spaces. We do offer outdoor dining seasonally at Links Bar & Grill, Geneva ChopHouse, and the Pool Bar, and soon we will have outdoor dining available at the Grand Cafe too. If there is anything we can do to earn you back as our guest, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

We’ve stayed many times at this resort and have used most of the many amenities. It’s very conveniently located to downtown Lake Geneva and other shopping, and plenty of excellent food option both on and off the property. The staff, from the front desk, to restaurant servers to spa attendants are always excellent and attentive. The only downside is that the property, especially rooms, hallways and the indoor pool could use some TLC. On our recent trip it appeared they were doing work on the outdoor pool area, which we can’t wait to see. However, some new paint and generally scrubbing down the rooms to brighten them up would go a long way. Higbly recommended, however, for a relaxing getaway.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank GSLA12135

Thank you for bringing your family back time after time! We absolutely love hearing your feedback about the fun memories and the suggestions. Please know, your feedback is important and we hear you. We hope to have a lot of enhancements for you to experience during your next stay.

Reviewed 15 April 2021

I stayed here recently for a small work-related meeting. This hotel was a bit of a mixed bag. On the plus side:
- Rooms were well appointed with comfortable beds and plenty of power outlets
- we ate in several of the restaurants and the food was top notch, as was the wine list in the on-site Italian restaurant
- Staff was helpful and friendly (and wore masks)
- there is plenty of parking and the grounds are beautiful, my room had a wonderful lake view with a small balcony
- it's a charming building with a long history

On the downside:
- Wi-Fi is awful to non-existent, the staff at the front desk said they were aware of issues but couldn't offer an idea of if/when it would be fixed. When I called they forwarded my call to their network management service, the help desk person said there were signal issues in the building
- In-room coffee maker had water in it, I don't know for how long, and after I set it up, I realized that there were no coffee cups in the room :(
- the vent above the shower was caked in mold
- several areas of the hotel, especially halls, look run down, ground floor areas in the building I was in seemed to have flooded at some point given stains in the carpeting and the walls, as others have noted, parts of the property are showing their age.

I didn't get to use the spa services, or any of the amenities but they seemed well maintained and there is a lot to do on site. I would consider going back but they really need to fix the Wi-Fi issues.

Room tip: stay off the first floor, upper floors have better views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ibeplato

Your thorough feedback truly is important to us and helps us make improvements that are important to our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to share the good and the bad. All of your feedback has been shared with our team. We hope to get the chance to serve you again in the future.