“Bad Service/Server”
Review of Galley 57

Galley 57
Ranked #93 of 431 Restaurants in Green Bay
Reviewed 27 February 2021

Fri., 2/26/2020: Very disappointed in my first visit and far from having the class and professional, courteous service as was at the previously located in Allouez. From the Hostess station on, we were rushed as though a, "ride em' in, ride 'um out" restaurant, wanting you in and out so the next Tip can have your table! Hostess said that we should go right to our table to order a drink instead of at the bar, while we “wanted” to first, get a drink at the bar. Our Server's lack of customer service was "short with her words", snippy, unfriendly, and had a few rude responses to our questions. She is in the wrong job and is hurting your business! We waited & waited for her to return to our table; never asked if we wanted a drink; first, brought the bread/relish plate with us having to eat on; our perch was not good and my fillets were much larger than the other's scrawny, dark ones, so I shared my fish! You can’t help but “see” the difference in the Orders. The Chef/cooks should’ve known better to prepare it that way, and an “experienced” Server would have NEVER even served it that way! Duh Our Server had a stupid, quick, response to that issue too saying that it depends on what the kitchen has and fish comes in different sizes…. Other things we requested, we have yet, to receive. Server never came back to the table unless I stood up and “flagged’ her down. We had to stop other Servers. A terrible, very disappointing evening; far from what we were expecting from a, "Supper Club" experience, of which, obviously, our Server doesn't know what that is! There is much more that I could complain about, but we are so sorry that we even went to the, 'Galley 57'. You do need to do some shaping up! We will share our story and will NEVER be back!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (94)

Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

Chose this place for our 1st date night in 16 months! Arrived 5 minutes late for our reservation only to be told they were running late anyway. We had a drink at the bar to wait. We were told that We had to pay for our drinks then as they don't follow you to your table....fine. Gave them a card, and they never brought it back. 20 minutes later, I had to ask for my card back. Once we settled with the bar tab (2 draft beers), a couple of ladies sat down next to us waiting for a table too. They ordered drinks, and were allowed to put it on their food order, so we were confused by that, but oh well. Finally, we get seated. Not 6 feet apart from other tables,but ok. Our server brought us a small plate of dried carrots and celery with a few dips. Not really the nicest to look at. She gave us ample time (15+ minutes) to order. I ordered a salad with dinner, and so did my husband. She messed up twice on his dressing! My salad had no tomatoes, his had 3! Good balsamic though! I ordered a baked potato, only to receive red potatoes without even checking with me to see if I'd like a different option due to them being out of baked potatoes. My prime rib lacked flavor. Needed to salt it up. There was a LOT of fat on it too. Over half. So a 16 oz piece in reality was maybe 8. My husband's potatoes seemed really waxy. Weird texture.
Overall pros: the chef goes around (no mask) and asks each table how things are.
Cons: hardly any covid protocol in place. Just servers wear masks. Patrons are not required to wear them either as we saw many walking about without them. I made a reservation, but was still expected to wait 40 minutes even with empty tables in plain sight. Food was eh..nothing to write home about. Servers need to be more attentive of their customers.

Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

First time here, I ordered blackened tuna which I love, their tuna was so thin and so blacked I couldn’t at it. My husband had the Ribeye and it was very good but very fatty.

Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

This was my first time at yhe new location. The bar area is nice but the rest of the place needs serious updates in decor. I wasn’t impressed with the casual-if-that attire of their staff either. I mean, dress like you want to impress upon your customers that you value their business. The service was so-so. With the pandemic, I can understand not having a salad bar. But if the lack of a salad bar is their thing, I wont be back. A WI Supper Club without a salad bar isnt a WI Supper Club. Instead we were given a relish plate, cheese spreads, and three 2-packs of Saltines. Saltines?? Really?? The steaks and Old Fashions were really good though.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 5 March 2020

We had been wanting to try this place since it moved to its new location. I had heard very good things about the staff, food, and overall quality, so we went. It was a quiet weeknight and there were a few folks at the bar. We asked to be seated right away, and the hostess was gracious to move our table to one we found more quiet. I'm big on ambiance, and this place didn't have much. Some artificial plants hung from the ceiling and the tables and chairs were from another era. Wood paneling and old-style oil framed prints on the wall. Our waitress was attentive and accommodating, very pleasant. The salad bar for Wisconsin Supper Club expectations was very sparse and lacking in variety. However our entrees were good and well prepared. Nothing fancy in the presentation or extras. I think it was one side? I had green beans and my husband had a choice of potatoes. I'm glad we tried it.

Date of visit: February 2020