Lowest prices for your stay
US$133
Free cancellation until 21/10/01
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$133
Free cancellation until 21/10/02
ZenHotels.com
US$129
PricelineUS$132
Hotels.comUS$133
FindHotelUS$140
All reviews lake geneva front desk gabrielle cleanliness property guests
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2020 via mobile

My Husband & I really enjoyed our stay here, really felt like we were in a 5 star hotel. Room was perfect, open and spacious, the bathroom was just as great. Staff professional and courteous, made you feel welcome. On our 2nd day my husband requested from the housekeeping, extra towels and wash cloths along with some more coffee and teas, they were friendly and accommodating to our requests and even asked if there was anything else they could get us, for me that is outstanding service, thank you for making our stay a very pleasant one. We will definitely stay here in future visits to the area.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Travis Gitter, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkhorn - Lake Geneva Area, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

To Trish 866,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so glad you found the hotel up to a 5 star rating. We appreciate all the wonderful comments regarding our staff, and are glad to see they were so courteous, and professional. We certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2020

I stayed at this property November 2020.

I was in Chicago for a few days of business. I decided to head up to Kettle Moraine State Forest to do a few short hikes. I spent the night at this Holiday Inn so I could get an early start in the morning. I got a great rate on Hotwire. I drove up in the evening and checked in around 8pm.

There is ample free parking. I was the only one at the front desk so the check-in was fast and efficient. The agent asked what floor I preferred, I said to surprise me! The agent assigned me room 327. King bed.

The rooms are a bit basic, but adequate. Think more functionality than beauty. The room has everything you might need. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker, free wi-fi, etc. The room was clean and comfortable. The only thing that might be a problem is noise from the rooms above. The floors seemed a bit thin. I could hear the person above me stomping around in the morning as they got ready for their day. For this reason, I would suggest asking for the top floor of the hotel.

As I was only at the hotel for a single night and headed out early in the AM, I didn't use any of the hotel's common use amenities. So, I cannot comment on those. The front desk mentioned their was a complimentary breakfast. However, I didn't stop at that as I wasn't too hungry before I headed out.

This hotel is fine for a quick stay. I appreciated that it was a newer property and clean!

Safe travles.

Room tip: Ask for top floor. Floors are thin.
Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank gqjustin

To gqjustin,

Thank you for wonderful review. We are glad to see that you found everything absolutely wonderful here at the property. We certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2020

Liked · Hotel is brand new, you can smell the cleanliness in the hallways. Breakfast was modified due to the pandemic, no hot breakfast items or coffee offered in the breakfast.

Disliked · The pool is so tiny and indoors. The hotel is 15 minutes away from Lake Geneva.

Date of stay: July 2020

To No_Rick_no_fun,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to see you found the hotel so new, and clean. We have modified our breakfast due to the pandemic. But keep advancing it, and making it better every chance we get. There are hot items that can be taken back to your room as well as coffee in the lobby. We certainly hope if you are in the area you will come visit us again.

Reviewed 9 February 2020

Trip up to see the ice castles in Lake Geneva. This hotel is new (6 months) clean, and convenient. From check in to check out, the staff was welcoming and accommodating. Very short drive to Lake Geneva and Lake Comp. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

To Wkndt,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again during ice castles in 2021.

Reviewed 3 February 2020

First time visitor of this hotel and I will be back. A very new/modern Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very helpful and courteous, especially the front desk (Gabrielle).

Gabrielle was very professional and took the time to ensure a positive experience at the property. She certainly has experience in the industry and knows the importance of good customer service.

As a new property, there are some growing pains as the Sunday breakfast had some slight issues. Mainly, the hotel was filled with a couple weekend events in the Lake Geneva area, the staffing was a little light as we had to wait for the different foods. Now, it didn't help as some "pigs" took several omelets and sausages at a time - leaving very little for the next person in line. Unfortunately, you cannot legislate stupidity.

As far as the room - excellent layout and extreme cleanliness. Only issue, there is a small area/corner which houses the microwave and refrigerator. It was dark and could use some lighting, but that is not the staff's fault, more an issue with Corporate planners and architects.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank RJSJCSCamping

To RJSJCSCamping,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to see that you found our hotel so new, and clean. The staff is as friendly as always. We certainly hope you take the chance to come visit us again.