All reviews aspira spa living room christmas market indoor pool elk room full kitchen the vine cooking school from chicago relaxing weekend spa services dining table otto's restaurant private beach beautiful property road america girls weekend
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Beautiful atmosphere but food left a lot to be desired. My salad had sand or gritty dirt in the leaves and I could not eat it. My daughter-in-law's flight of 3 different soups had about 3 tablespoons of soup in a tiny cup. It tasted good but she left hungry. Son's pork chop was small and dry. Husband's meal alright but small. We are average people just looking for a special meal out to celebrate a birthday but were really disappointed. Even had to ask to have the charge of the returned salad removed from the bill.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018

The staff was incredibly friendly. Lola's restaurant was amazing, the hostess was such a sweetheart. The second restaurant they had was ok, but the lounge near the check-in lobby was lovely with a great view. Good drinks too!

There were some mix-ups with room service, but it was corrected eventually.

Definitely would recommend for a remote vacation!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I am very disappointed in my experience at the Osthoff resort. I called four months in advance to book my room for a family event and requested a lake front view. I was reassured at the time that there were plenty of lake front rooms available that weekend and we had one secured. After traveling four hours late Friday evening to get to the resort, we checked in and to our dismay our view was looking across a parking lot. The front desk had lost the record of our lake front request and would not go out of their way to change rooms for us. Additionally, the rooms air conditioning system struggles getting very low for a good night of sleep and one can hear traffic from the road. Needless to say, after much advance planning for this weekend - we are extremely dissatisfied in the level of service we have received at this highly rated resort.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank SoccerMom510
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Stayed at Osthoff Resort over Christmas 2017.

I was impressed with the size of the two bedroom suite I shared with my family. There were two bedrooms; each bedroom had its own TV. Each bedroom had its own private bathroom with a shower. (The "master" bedroom had a bathtub). The common area also had its own TV. (No DVD player provided though; we had called ahead and asked about this so we brought our own with us.)

I was also impressed with the array of dishes and utensils supplied in the kitchen area -- although there was not everything there -- there was plenty to make a lot of meals. Even though Osthoff has plenty of places to eat and get snacks in the resort itself, they also seem to encourage that you bring your own food -- which we did! Dishwasher soap and soap to wash dishes by hand were also provided.

The little gift shop was cute and offered a good selection of last minute things as well as bottled beverages and gift items.

The grounds were lovely - in a rather wintery cold way. Even though it was cold outside, the halls were wide and there were pools and saunas, exercise facilities, arcade rooms, -- and enough space even in the hallways to get walks in (if one felt like one needed to move around a little bit.)

It is a bit remote, though, so there is not a lot to do around the resort (especially if you are not an outdoor person.)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2018

My wife and I recently had an opportunity to stay at the Osthoff Resort. It was VERY NICE!
Staff overall friendly. Rooms and bed were nice. Very quiet as we stayed in the off season.
Nice to be able to eat on site.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple