Maxwelton Braes Lodge(Baileys Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$170
Beachfront Inn(Baileys Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$154
US$132
All reviewstop decknorth bayevent centerbreakfast buffettennis courtsdoor countyrestaurant barwhite birchhiking trailsthe cottagespicture windowwedding receptionpool and hot tubprivate patiobeautifully landscaped groundslarge picturedrink tickets
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A beautiful resort on the Lake Michigan side of Door County (or, the Quiet Side).
Good outdoor pool, tennis courts, and opportunity for biking. The Top Deck restaurant
is very good and has window tables overlooking North Bay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Great amenities with good breakfasts, coffee available throughout the day, kayaks, bikes, very clean pool, good trails around the property. Movies and games located by the front desk can be taken back to the rooms. The Top Deck restaurant provides a great setting to look out over the bay, good menu, reasonable food and drink pricing. The service was very good. We had a cabin facing the water and enjoyed the serene location. Beautiful landscaping… we had a nice visit with the head landscaper who was incredibly nice and recommended plants for our home location. She was working hard at 7 pm and was delightful. All employees kept busy and worked hard to please and make everything look impeccable. There were weddings each weekend we were there and we did not hear any noise or experience any inconvenience as a result.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit and it keeps getting more enjoyable. Our cabin had an excellent view, the staff was amazing, they have miles of hiking trails, and I could go on. For the first time we might not even leave the resort because it is such a joy to be here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in one of the cabins along the bluff and WOW was it amazing. Our original honeymoon trip to Florida was cancelled because of the hurricanes and we last minute found an opening at this lodge and booked it the night before! We had many fires in the woodburning fireplace, absolutely breathtaking views and a relaxing stay. Top deck also had amazing food. Easy access to travel to other towns, and sooo much to do on the grounds. Can not wait to come back again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The grounds are beautiful and perfectly maintained. There is pretty large network of trails for walking. I stayed in the newer building "Trailside" which meant not near the water. The studio room was great with a full kitchenette where I did cook a lot of my meals. And it happened to be a weird hot spell so the good a/c was necessary. There were several weddings in the week I was there, and for a wedding or overnight it's probably ideal. I was looking more for the "lodge" atmosphere which this isn't. My biggest complaint was that although it's a waterfront property, there were only cement benches along the water. The lounge chairs belonged to the cabins and were back at their doors. No management on site, and the girl at the desk said there were no more lounge chairs. There's also no real common room. So my plan to sit around reading, inside or out, for a week didn't happen and I was extremely disappointed about that. Otherwise the breakfast is as good as all reviews, and the rooms are nice. So, most people would probably love Gordon Lodge.

Room Tip: You will regret not getting something right on the water
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo