“Tour”

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: More European castle than American hospital, this former insane asylum offers historic and paranormal tours six days a week from April through October. Full Museum & Patient Art Gallery entry is included with your tour purchase. This Gothic National Historic Landmark holds 130 years of American history's dark side.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The tour was very interesting and I was told a lot about the place that I did not know....A lot of historic information and artifacts...

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (4 629)
All reviews
"west virginia"
in 88 reviews

848 - 852 of 4 629 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had so much fun when we participated in the overnight ghost hunt at the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This trip we did the back three building. We are looking forward to coming back and touring the main building. We are looking forward to seeing the building restored with furniture .

Reviewed 27 June 2018

What a wonderful trip down memory lane, I was great seeing all the restorations and some of my old tormentors.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was my first paranormal investigation and it couldnt have been better. The place lived up to its expectations and the tour guides were fantastic. I had so many experieinces with the spirits, I can wait to go back and investigat the rest of the aslyum. I recommend this place to anyone with the paranormal passion.