“A Piece of Americana”

Blenko Glass Company Studios & Gallery
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Milton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an interesting piece of Americana. You can see how glass is blown and then the blown cylinders are flattened to be used in commercial and architectural glass. This is not a high tech modern plant like some glass making entities.

You can also purchase items in their store made from their glass.

Milton, WV is a little off the beaten path, but if you’re driving I-64 it’s worth a stop. (Note to drivers, be very careful of the potholes in the driveway!!!! I hit one and thought I lost my front end.)

All reviews
"observation deck"
in 4 reviews
"worth a stop"

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Blenko Glass has been family owned and operated since 1893 and at this Milton, WV location since 1921. This free attraction is located at Exit 28 along I-64 and well worth exploring. The first floor of the Visitor's Center has their hand blown glass pitchers, bowls, holiday pieces and more, including seconds, for sale. The second floor showcases historic pieces and stained glass windows. Cross a covered walkway to see glass being blown by their craftsman. Glass blowing usually takes place 9 am to 3 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday but is subject to change so check ahead.

1  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were traveling through this area and saw a sign advertising it. We just HAD to stop!! So glad we did. Even though the tours were not given on this day because of it being Good Friday, we were still able to look in the museum area and look at the gorgeous glassware! And, of course, we had to purchase a couple of things!! Friendly lady to help us out. Not that far off the highway!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my visit to the glass factory. Everyone, from the lady in the gift shop to the gentleman who talked with me in the factory, were friendly and welcoming. I loved watching the process of making the beautiful glass products. And I especially loved buying some to bring home!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2018

A hand full of people practicing the age-old craft of blowing glass. A step back in time with A retro '60's gift shop and then onto the factory where you can watch craftsmen blow glass the same as has been done for hundreds of years. The glass furnaces are quite hot so these guys are usually done for the day about 2pm if you want to watch them blow, morning is best. If you're expecting Disneyworld type excitement you might be disappointed. If you're curious about one of the oldest crafts know to man...check them out! Most of these places are gone. Support Blenko in their gift shop.