Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the river out of this world situated right days fishing trip camp laura bank
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I had the privilage of visiting Sekoma Island Lodge with a group of friends. Although some of us did not catch any tigerfish, most did land a swimming dog from the Zambezi River with size ranging from 7 pounds to 18 pounds as measured by the well-trained fishing guides. Watched elephant from the main lodge deck and recorded just over 100 bird species including breeding Western Banded Snake eagle and Olive woodpecker. Swimming/splash pool crystal clear. Food fantastic considering the distance they have to travel for supplies.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We just finished a 4 day trip at the llombe lodge and it is beautiful. Great overall experience; good food, great BBQ, nice deck with fireplace, 'tents' that were incredible, and an overall nature ambience. Peter, manager at the lodge, has a staff that truly cares. The fishing was ok, but we new it was the off season. An unexpected addition was seeing the local villages around the room. Best of all, the incredible sunsets every night over the Zambezi river. Pure magic.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BridgitP6
Reviewed 23 August 2017

What a waste of money! We went there to catch tiger - but guess what!

I was part of a group of six fishermen, four of them having had a poor experience at Sekoma the year before, that booked for a few days during the peak "absolutely best for fishing time" in late June. The previous poor experience was blamed on the full moon phase so this time - no moon - and paid a premium for the peak season! But again very poor fishing. Some of us, certainly not novices at the game either, never caught anything at all in the four days that we were there. And that during the purported prime season!

We suspect that the very many nets that we saw stretched across the river remove the tiger from the waters at an alarming rate. If not checked the fishing will simply deteriorate even more.

However the food was good - could have stayed in JHB for that though - the accommodation was good too but unfortunately unchecked loud and unruly behaviour - management did nothing about it - on the part of some of the guests until 2:00 am each morning did not help the situation leaving one with sleep deprevation. So a very bad sleep quality!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Delwin E
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I stayed at the adjoining lodge, Ilombe, and there was much to like - room very comfortable, water hot, and the food plentiful and often edible. Unfortunately, the lodge offered no briefing as to the fishing options available and made no attempt to find out about my fishing preferences. My guide knew very little about fishing generally and all he knew about tigerfishing was that you should use an Afrijig and cast it randomly into the channel. That can be very effective but it can also be mind-numbingly dull when the fish aren't biting. In hindsight I should have stuck to my original plan of casting minnows at the banks, which I suspect would have yielded a lot more tigers (perhaps less chance of a big one) and the possibility of a bonus nembwe. Live and learn. I'll be tigerfishing again, but not here.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank John A
Reviewed 10 May 2017

We have been going to Sekoma and iLombe for the past seven years. It is one of, if not the best, Tiger fishing spots on the Zambezi. Expert guides, exceptional staff and I don't think you will find a better view from your room than at Sekoma. Should definitely be on everybody's bucket list. Already packed for my next trip!!

Date of stay: June 2016