“Needs major improvement.”

Al's New York Pizza
Ranked #69 of 181 Restaurants in Huntington
Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

Got a pizza with pepperoni and meatball. The meatball was pretty good, but the toppings just fell off the pizza. There was no way you could pick this up and eat it NY style. The pizza sauce was incredibly watery and the crust was paper thin and soggy from the sauce. The garlic knots were decent, but again, the sauce watery. I did enjoy the salad. It had fresh grated mozzarella on it. We asked for a to-go box and it wasn't your typical thick cardboard pizza box, but thin like a donut box. The bottom was soggy by the time we got home. Probably won't go back.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 2 March 2019 via mobile

It’s overrated. My wife doesn’t eat pork and they have no meat topping without pork so I’ve had 2 pizzas now with vegetables on it and the ingredients don’t strike me as being anything special. Like banana peppers you get out of a jar from Kroger. Price is a lot. You can get something just as good from a chain for way less money.

Also, last time I went they quoted me 40 minutes it would be ready and it was more like an hour. So we waited there for about 20 minutes. I think they probably have limited oven space to make orders when they get busy.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 27 February 2019

This is the best pizza restaurant in Huntington, WV. If you are looking for great tasting New York style pizza, look no further. This one is the real deal. At first glance, the restaurant is hidden in the corner of a small plaza and not really noticeable to those passing by. But once inside, the restaurant is great. The staff is very friendly and offer great customer service. They seem to be proud of the pizza they serve. And they should be, because it is AWESOME. The crust is amazing and has just the right amount of crispness. I ordered a pepperoni pizza well done and it was baked perfectly. The sauce, cheese, pepperoni (very large slices) were very fresh and delicious. Lots of toppings. I have been looking for a pizza just like this one. True NY style and very delicious. This is my new favorite pizza and it is not even close. Never again will I settle for Pizza from a chain restaurant. If you are craving pizza, do yourself a favor and get a real NY style pizza. You will be hooked.

Date of visit: February 2019