“Best Mexican Restaurant Around!!!”
Review of Tequila Grill

Tequila Grill
Ranked #22 of 181 Restaurants in Huntington
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

This place is amazing. Stopped here today spur of the moment and I was not expecting how wonderful it was. You definitely have created a returning customer.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (31)

Reviewed 2 July 2020 via mobile

So.....had dinner here at the Tequila Grill last night and wanted to reflect on our experience. Let me first explain that I am a local gal married to a local guy and we like to support small businesses in our area. During the 3 month COVID lockdown we ordered takeout from many area eateries ( including this one) and always left a 30-40% tip to help the staff as I spent 20 years in the Food & Beverage industry. We sat at the bar and were greeted by the bartender and asked for drink order. My husband is a beer only kind of guy and I’m a liquor girl all the way. I requested a Cadillac Margarita as advertised on their menu and the bartender left to prepare our drinks (I assumed). Within a few minutes another gentleman approached us and asked for our drink order. When I explained we had already done so with another bartender he proceeded to tell me if I wanted the Cadillac Margarita as requested it would cost &12.99 instead of the advertised price on menu of $8.25 due to the Grand Marnier included in the drink. The menu CLEARLY states it is prepared with Grand Marnier and not the knock of generic orange liquor he wanted to give me at menu price. I asked his reasoning for this absurd price hike and he stated it was due to the shutdown during COVID and the price of meat going up. Now, I buy Grand Marnier all the time and I can tell you it is the same price today as it was 5 months ago which is why I’m trying to wrap my head around a price change to 1 alcoholic drink and none to the food. He continued to try and convince me the taste was no different from the knock off to the real thing and I proceeded to explain that was not the case and declined the drink. Now, we could have gotten up and left or I could have ordered ice water as to not contribute to the bar till that evening but I instead requested a Corona and we stayed for dinner with only having 3 beers apiece. Had I been able to order as originally requested I would have had at least 3 margaritas which at $8.25 each pays for a 375 ml bottle of Grand Marnier. Some may say I’m being petty and that’s okay I merely say I want what I want. I suppose I could dig deeper and I say I’m offended by the fact they did not social distance ANY table or barstool as EVERY seat was available to sit in. I could be petty and say the manager who tried to up-charge me never once had a mask on as he served food and interacted with guests the entire time we were there. I could be fussy and report there was so little protein on my Texas Nachos it wasn’t worth half of what I was charged. I could be nitpicking when I report I was charged $1.50 for jalapeños and that my request for no sour cream was disregarded and they put it on anyway. However let me be precise when I say I will never drive the 2 minutes from East Pea Ridge to dine at this restaurant again.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank wvugirl2015
Reviewed 3 June 2020

Service fantastic, food was delicious and worth the price. I will definitely be returning. Keep up the fantastic job.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

Went there on a Friday night at around 530 they were extremely busy and they had a Marazzi band playing which to me is kind of aggravating because you can’t have a conversation with the people you were sitting with. However the food was very good we went out with friends and family and there was about seven of us everyone got something different I would recommend this place anytime

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank garyk0713
Reviewed 6 November 2019

We've been to this restaurant several times. Service is quick and food is good. There are some language barriers but it all works out ok. I feel this restaurant is a little pricy compared to similar Mexican food restaurants in area.

Date of visit: October 2019