“Worst Steak Ever”

Ranked #26 of 115 Restaurants in Beckley
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Texas Steakhouse & Saloon is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on steaks. We also have award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers & homemade desserts. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
Reviewed 18 June 2018

There is nothing positive about our dining experience. The restaurant is dirty. The waitress took our order and never came back. Had to ask another staffer to help us as my steak was not edible. Manager and our waitress stood near the kitchen talking about us as we left. Terrible.

Danielle R, General Manager at Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

I apologize for your dining experience last night. I was actually the manager on duty last night and I would never disrespect a customer in any manner. I would like the opportunity to rectify this situation any way possible if you could contact me at our store or send me your contact information I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you, and again my apologies.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I should of read reviews before we ate but we are passing by the area and we were craving steaks and ribs. Tried going to Char first but offered nothing for kids and was extremely high priced. Tried Outback next but had a hour wait so we called this place and no wait so we decided to go. Upon entering it seemed the staff was attentive enough so we sat down and this is were I start getting nervous. They sat us at a table and on the floor was a huge puddle of water. The floors were dirty, the walls were dirty and it looked as if the place was just falling apart. We were sat in the room with the tv up on the wall. Was going to leave but by this time my kids are starving so think maybe the food will be better. It’s not, steaks are not even worth the $20 and ribeyes are fatty and had so much grizzle. My husband would not even eat the ribs. Cassie our server was nice enough but they had no plates to offer us for our appetizer because they were all dirty. The thing that really disappoints me about this place is you have had other patrons review your restaurant on TripAdvisor telling you all how dirty your restaurant is and you’ve replied stating that you learn from those reviews and take them seriously,evidently you do not. Somebody is going to get sick because if it’s that dirty in the front of the house imagine the back. So you all get the worst review I’ve ever wrote on a restaurant. So now maybe you’ll take these reviews seriously and clean your restaurant and if you are in the Beckley area do not eat here.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We met family here for lunch while heading to North Carolina. Everyone got the skillet with chicken! It came out quickly, had a great flavor, and was made to our individual orders. The cook came out to talk with us, we were given drinks to go, and wished a safe journey. Good place to stop with family and get a filling lunch.

Danielle R, General Manager at Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you very much for the positive feedback.
We hope that you stop in to see us again real soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The place doesn’t look clean. The seats in the booths are way passed their prime. Downright uncomfortable the table and menu are a bit sticky.
The steak was much better than it looked while being served. Ribeye looked excessively fat, but was good and prepared well.
There was a problem after the meal. Management went way above and beyond to address it.

Danielle R, General Manager at Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

I'm glad that a member of our management team went above and beyond to address any issues you may have had while dining with us. We do use trip advisor as a teaching tool to help us succeed and get better.We will be looking into any issues you may have had while you were here and tackling these as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We should have run as soon as we sat down and touched the sticky menus! The restaurant seemed dirty. When I sat down I sunk to the hardwood seats. Although early in the evening, there was food on the floor under our table.I ordered a premium wine and I’m pretty sure I got the house Sutter Home for the price of Kendall Jackson. My husband’s Texas Tea was from a mix and not very good. I ordered my steak medium rare and got well done. The mushrooms and vegetables were okay. I wouldn’t go back again.