“Poor service”

IHOP
Ranked #30 of 118 Restaurants in Beckley
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Managers suck and dont care..wait staff cant move any slower...40 minute waiting for drinks poor service......

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I went to put in a order on the online website at 11:30 pm. First I tried calling to place the order and it kept going straight to the busy tone. The order online kept glitching and canceling out my order then when it finally cooperated it kept saying that my card information was incorrect, even though the information was correct and there was money in the account. By the time that it worked, it was 11:50 pm and it said that it was too late to put in a to go order Worst service ever and the suckiest online ordering system that I’ve ever seen.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

This is a traditional IHOP menu except they lacked the tilapia which we wished to order for the evening meal. Otherwise, the visit was satisfactory with prompt seating, service and follow-up. Likely won't be back however, as we were just passing through.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I decided on takeout and my children wanted breakfast food and I did not. So, I thought what better place than Ihop. Was I wrong. I waited 2 hours for takeout. They were short staff so I understood and didn't say anything about the wait. When the order was finally ready the lady was really friendly said she checked through the bag and made sure everything was there. Well when I got home all food was cold and I paid for food that I did not receive. I was missing my son's cheese sticks and my daughters side of bacon! It was so late the only other option would have been McDonald's or Omelette Shoppe. I will never eat here again.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I stopped at this IHOP on my way home from my Nashville book signing. It was my last breakfast for a trip for months, so I was looking forward to a good last one. Boy, what a disappointment.
The server was okay. She didn't really do anything wrong, but she wasn't present except to take my order and bring the cheque. Someone else brought the craptastic food. I ordered a Pablano Omelette and asked that the pancake batter be left out. It was, which is a good thing since I am gluten-free, but the taste was just off. The omelette was a cheap version of others I've had at other chain locations. They skimped on the ingredients and it was apparent. I looked at the allergen menu and was ecstatic to find their hashbrowns were gluten free. Guess what...they said they had none available. I don't get to eat those often, so I was very disappointed. Of course, on the way out, I heard someone else asking and the hostess said the hashbrowns were ready to order...of course. Don't know why they weren't while I was eating. I got fruit instead and it was horrible. Mushy honeydew melon and pineapple...yes, that was all there was to the fruit side. I heard the woman in front of me ask for strawberries for her waffle, but the server said they were frozen so she couldn't have them. What??? There is no effort at this place.
The coup de gras was the big ol' FREE WIFI sign on the door. I look for restaurants with that option since my Canadian data is so limited in the states. I couldn't connect and when I asked the hostess, she said it didn't work. Well, then take that sign down!
The food was so below average. I was really disappointed that my last breakfast out for a while was so crummy. I don't get to eat out often, sometimes only on my signing trips. I would never darken this door again. Hopefully, this is one of the locations the company has decided to close as it is barely passable. The two stars are for the very pleasant hostess who was polite and quite friendly. I enjoyed chatting with her when I took my leave.