Lowest prices for your stay
Delta Hotels
View deal
Expedia.comUS$116
Traveluro
Hotels.comUS$116
All reviews one night hotel is beautiful very nice stay hotel room stay there again huntington couch candy wv
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2020 via mobile

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars, but I just couldn’t.

Things I liked:

The whole hotel was super clean (can’t say the same about all hotels during Pandemic). The staff was very friendly (actually the people in Huntington were very welcoming as a whole) and helpful.

The room (king suite) is a great design. Loved the door between living space and bedroom. My husband stays up later and it was nice to have that to drown out the tv.

The weight room was the best I’ve seen in a hotel. And it was open! Did a workout like at a real gym.

Things I didn’t like: the mattress is a hard as a rock. They need to go with a medium firmness. Couldn’t move when I woke up.

And.. the breakfast was awful. Coffee was bad too. Might be a result of the pandemic but I wouldn’t recommend eating there.

We moved to the Delta downtown after a night (they were super flexible with us about this too) because we were a bit confused with the locations and wanted to be closer to the stadium. Great staff there too. Great location. Hard as a rock bed.

Overall a great stay though! Would book here again if we ever come back to Huntington.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hilcole
Macy Dingess, Agency / Consultant at Delta Hotels by Marriott Huntington Mall - Barboursville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2020

Thank you hilcole, for your review. We appreciate your comments and will pass them along to the appropriate departments. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 September 2020

We had a soccer team traveling to play two High School games on Friday the 18th of September. We were to travel 6 plus hours to get to these games. We were notified the morning of the 18th by the Board of Education for both counties that the High School teams we were to play in the Huntington area had exposure to COVID-19 and we were not permitted to travel to the Huntington area. I called Delta Hotels Huntington Mall that morning to let them know about the cancellation. I was told that my reservation would be cancelled with no charges, because this was a circumstance out of our control. Today September 21st, I see the charges on my credit card statement. When I called to inquire about the charges, I was told because I did not cancel 24 hours prior to the date of stay they were allowed to charge for the rooms. I explained it was due to Huntington teams having exposure to COVID-19 and our board of education would not permit us to travel, which is out of our control. I was told that no matter what the reason for the cancellation, because I did not cancel within the allowed 24 hour window, they were allowed to charge for the rooms. What horrible customer service! We travel every year to the Huntington area for games. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL or at any of the Delta Hotels/Marriott. Unbelievable that this hotel would charge customers for circumstances beyond their control.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2020

We booked the Delta Hotel Banquet Room in Barboursville WV for two different days for my Mom's 90th Birthday.
We originally wanted one party of 75-85 people, but due to the current Covid restrictions, we had to end up making two parties of 25 each, which still worked out well for us.
I absolutely cannot say enough good things about choosing this Hotel for this special celebration for My Mom and us.
The Hotel Staff was Amazing, The Hotel is beautiful, and it is laid out great for elderly people to get around. Even the Restrooms were very immaculate. They have a large parking lot with plenty of close parking. We had many questions along the way, and it didn't bother them one bit, always happy to answer anything.
All of the staff kept their masks on at all times, and had all of the tables spaced out about 10' between, so we all felt safe with proceeding with this event.
I would highly recommend this Hotel for any special occasions.
Thanks Again !

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 17 August 2020

My family and I had several rooms at this hotel and we all loved it. Very clean. Very friendly. Highly recommend when in town. We will definitely be back. Thank you to the staff for welcoming us during this time. We wanted to get together and they helped us make it happen. Blessed!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2020

The hotel is beautiful and nicely laid out. The staff was very friendly and polite to work with. There were a couple of things that need to be addressed. 1. I booked to rooms through the Marriott Bonvoy app. I confirmed my check-in for 3PM on the day of arrival. I arrived at 3:07 PM, one room was ready, and one was not. 2. The day I booked my rooms, I called the hotel direct and asked for adjoining rooms, as I booked the King w/Sofa Bed. The bed is not a King, it is a Queen. Also, when I inquired about the adjoining room, they stated only Queen rooms are adjoined from the inside. King rooms are just side by side. They did comp my rooms for the buffet breakfast. If we had paid the full price, I would've been extremely ticked. The food that is served is no better than the food at hotels where the food is free with the rooms. I expected better. The staff, however, were wonderful. 3) One room had my hotel room linked to the TV, the other room did not. When I called, I had to wait on the maintenance person to come in, as they were not on the property. He was very polite, but informed me that he would have to call the internet company. Apparently, there is a problem with the internet company and this issue. So, I was not able to use the guide or Netflix without a HDMI cord. Kind of a nuisance.

Otherwise the hotel cleaning staff were great, helpful, and the rooms were clean. Although, the items above would not prevent me from staying here again, they do need to be addressed.

Date of stay: March 2020
macy0529, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Huntington Mall - Barboursville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Thank you for your review, we will look into the issues you stated and address them immediately.