“Deed of Kindness”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 67 Restaurants in Barboursville
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Description: Outback Steakhouse, the home of juicy steaks, spirited drinks and Aussie hospitality. Find our location in Barboursville off of I-64 near the Best Western.
Reviewed 10 May 2021

I just wanted to tell about a nice deed of kindness that made my day so very special. I am a senior who was traveling alone on a VA tour bus with a group of other people who had visited the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. That evening, we were staying at a hotel across the street from this Outback Steak House. Since I would be dinning alone, I walked over to the restaurant and ordered just a baked potato to-go (I'm vegetarian), so I could take it back to my room. In record time, the server brought it out to me and said, "It's on the house, Happy Mother's Day." I wanted so much to hug this young man, but due to covid, we're no longer allowed to do this sort of thing. Although he couldn't see the smile beneath my mask, I thanked him several times. This act of kindness made eating alone much more enjoyable and made me fell appreciated. Thank you Outback Steak House.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (145)

Reviewed 13 April 2021

Me and my girlfriend visited this restaurant on 27th of March 2021 at around 2:30pm. The restaurant wasn't overly crowded. The wait for a table was about 15 minutes. The floor wasn't horribly sticky and pieces of food were all over. The men's restroom was horrible with a stink and both sink faucets were broken. The manager did advise they had issues with the restaurant due to Covid and inexperienced staff. The owner of this specific store was rude in his approach to gain information in my displeased experience.

Date of visit: March 2021
OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2021

When you're here, you're family and we love hearing from our mates. We will share this feedback with our teams.

We're listening! For a contact back, send us a note here: outback.com/contact

G'Day,

Amy
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 8 August 2020 via mobile

What great food and service! Our waiter, Cameron, was exceptional! He absolutely was on top of any request we had for extras or just what we were already getting. Food came out hot and fresh.
Thank you Outback for a wonderful visit ❤

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 11 July 2020

Was treated very rude. They started giving me heck about not wearing mask, tried showing them my medical card that showed my medical condition on why I couldn't wear a mask. They used vulgar language and I left. Never been to a place with such rude people. Went to Longhorn, had better food and treated 100 percent better.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 22 June 2020 via mobile

We Had Call Ahead Reservations. We
Waited 6 Minutes For Our Table. Outback
Had All The Necessary Precautions Due
To The COVID-19 Problem. Food Was Good & Prepared As Ordered. Everyone
Ordered Ribs. The Ribs Were Excellent.
Service Good,Food Was Good.

Date of visit: June 2020