“GREED”
Review of Shogun Japanese Steak House - CLOSED

Shogun Japanese Steak House
Reviewed 12 May 2019

Have visited here regularly on Sundays and all of us (6) get the lunch portions. Went here on Mother’s Day. Obviously, had to wait for awhile to get seated. Once we were seated, they “forgot” about us and we didn’t order our drinks for 20 mins after we were seated. We order and are told at that point that we can’t order from lunch menu bc it’s Mother’s Day!!!! Are you serious??? There was no signage anywhere announcing this nor did anyone tell us when we came in or while we waited. We are already an hour into this, so we stay. SO OVERPRICED, especially for the quality!! I hope they enjoy the extra $40 they made off of me bc I will NEVER frequent this place again!! Pathetic business practice!!

1  Thank mort4herd

Reviewed 12 May 2019 via mobile

I have been a loyal Shogun fan for years. However, their takeout has recently been going downhill. This weekend was by far the worst. All of my food was shoved haphazardly in one bag with salads turned upside down and soups on their side. By the time I got home, half of a soup had spilled all over the bag. One of the boxes with food literally had steak hanging outside of it as if it was too difficult to push it in a box and close the lid. Our meals literally had steak and shrimp everywhere as it if was thrown into the box at the last minute. You pay a higher price for great food and quality service and this definitely is neither. Really disappointed!

Reviewed 10 May 2019 via mobile

To celebrate Mother's Day in advance for my colleague's mother, this place was chosen for our lunch gathering. This was my first time visit since 2012.

We ordered one appetizer (vegetable tempura), pepper tuna tataki, chicken teriyaki bento, salmon teriyaki bento, and a 3-kind sushi roll.

It was quite sad that most of our dishes were not satisfactory. The breading of vegetable tempura was soggy; the pepper tuna tataki was too bland with frugal portion; the chicken of bento was gummy; the salmon skin of sushi roll was soggy; salad was drowned in dressing; the miso soup was sour.

Their interior was not pleasant, either. The seat cover of booth was torn and not well maintained.

Our waitress, however, was attentive, maybe because she could speak Cantonese.

If nothing improves in the future, I may not visit place again.

Reviewed 26 April 2019 via mobile

Went there for dinner. We ordered 6 appetizers including several orders of sushi. I told the waitress we were in no hurry. We ordered everything including the entrees at the same time. Dinner came out first, way before the appetizers and even the soup and salad. We sent the entrees back until we were finished with our appetizers soup and salad. When she brought our dinner out, it was cold. When dinner costs this much, it should be better. Chicken and shrimp was tough. This was our first time to eat on the restaurant side, before this we’ve always eaten on the hibachi side. I was really disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 12 February 2019 via mobile

We celebrated my mother in laws birthday with 10 of us, including 4 kids and 6 adults. Everyone was very pleased and entertained. The meal was amazing and service was great! Clean and comfortable as well.

Date of visit: February 2019