“You Really Need to Try It”

Main Street on Central
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We were seated promptly at our reservation time. The restaurant is beautiful and immaculately clean. Our server was Amy. She was genuinely nice and attentive without being in my space.

The food was excellent. Sincerely. The drinks were perfect especially the bartender’s rendition of a pear martini with muddled pears and elderflower. We had crab cakes, a Mainstreet salad and Chicken Marsala...the chef subbed mashed potatoes for the angelhair with no problem. Dessert was banana bread bread pudding. It was delicious and portioned to share.

Even the music was nice! Not too loud which I appreciated. I still like talking to my husband!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank flt587
Write a reviewReviews (34)

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Started out with some great appetizers of crab cakes, calamari and shrimp. The Main Street and Caprese salad were both excellent! Wait staff was prompt and professional. Wine was good, but needs a few more by the glass options. The filet I had was very good and my wife's salmon was excellent to amazing. Sides were scrupulous. Creme brulee was spectacular. Would definitely recommend and return. The meeting space with large presentation TV was perfect and set up well for the group.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank benm720
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

So...my husband and I have eagerly awaited a restaurant to replace the former Blackhawk Grill in Barboursville. Very
excited when it was announced that Mark Cross was opening Main Street on Central and we finally had the opportunity to dine there for the first time last night. It is with great regret that I am writing this lackluster review. I originally ordered the Tuna Special but was informed by the waiter I could not modify the dish as I did not want the noodles that accompanied the fish. I ordered the Crab Cakes and House Special Salad and my husband had the scallops. When the bread basket was delivered the rolls were so hard they weren’t edible. We requested fresh bread which did not arrive until the end of our meal and my salad was so overdressed I could not eat it. My husbands scallops looked great and he indicated they were near perfection. My crab cakes were good certainly not great as the crab is very fine not lump and it did not have customary ingredients such as onion or Old Bay. We both had to wait several times for our drinks to be replaced and the waiter asked if we wanted desert before we were half way through our entree. After reading all the glowing reviews about this restaurant I wonder if we just happened to come on an off night. My recommendation would be to better train the waitstaff and certainly clarify if the Chef would entertain special requests before guests are told no.

Date of visit: August 2018
Brandi3034, Lead server at Main Street on Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

We are very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your first experience here at Main Street. If you wouldn’t mind, give us a call at 304-955-5109, as we would love the opportunity to make things right. Ask for Sean, our general manager. Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit but not the last! Our party of four tried the trout, grouper, scallops, and fried chicken. The potions were plentiful and everything was excellent. Service outstanding and were totally impressed with the new atmosphere. The only concern is it is pricey. Not a monthly place to eat for most of us but definitely our go to for special occasions.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were celebrating our 45th wedding Anniversary and we had friends that told us to try Main Street on Central because we love seafood. They did tell us it was pricey but we splurged for a special occasion. We made reservations at 5:45 and was seated immediately at a table that was prepared for us. Our waitress was very attentive and told us about menu and then she got to the specials for the night. They brought us a lovely basket of bread. We both had Chilean Sea Bass served on a beautiful assortment of scrumptious vegetables. We both felt it was as good as what we had in Venice, Italy. I had a salad before which was also on the night’s special that was both beautiful & delicious. I had tea and my husband a soft drink. They did have a large assortment of wines and specialty drinks but we don’t drink. We split a piece of coconut pie to complete our meal. It was a delicious meal found in downtown Barboursville in a old historical home. I would highly recommend but it wasn’t cheap but to us well worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Brandi3034, Lead server at Main Street on Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

So happy to hear you enjoyed your anniversary dinner; thank you for spending it with us!