“Sports bar atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We tried this restaurant and had chowder, Caesar salad with shrimp and a black and bleu burger with onion rings. Service was ok but not outstanding. This was a place that catered to young diners who ordered drinks. The food was fresh but not fantastic. I ordered the Creme Brulee and was very disappointed since it tasted like plain custard rather than the rich smooth consistency of Creme Brulee. All in all a so-so restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived just in time for happy hour. It was a good choice because the drinks and appies were a lot cheaper. Happy hour menu is limited more than others and drinks were just ok. Tried a few of their martinis and highballs but I wasn't impressed. Wait staff were friendly and if go back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Group of 11 eating together and every one had positive experience. Nice variety on menu ranging from typical pub fare to seafood to vegan and gf options. Had the chicken yakisoba with Thai orange sauce which was tasty. Would definitely recommend this place for any one visiting Yakima. Not cheap but not overly pricey either.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Great place with goo selection on the menu. Lot of drink choices. Good atmosphere. Outside seating, tables inside and a bar option. I had the roasted chicken with asparagus and rice. Stared with a Cesar salad.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I was part of a 6-person group. We arrived at about 5:45 PM on the Sunday evening of Memorial Day weekend. There was ample seating, and we dined al fresco on their very pleasant outdoor patio. The weather was perfect for it. But for those who come on less temperate days, the indoor portion of the establishment seemed quite nice and spacious, including both the bar seating and the general seating.

We ordered some appetizers off of the Happy Hour menu, including what was perhaps the largest soft pretzel I have ever seen. The nachos were a very generously portioned serving as well.

The menu has a wide variety of standard American fare. Everybody in our party seemed happy with their selections, and all looked good to me as I glanced around. The only food that fell a little short was the cup of clam chowder I ordered as a substitute for French Fries . . . it was kind of gloppy and gelatinous. Clam chowder is always a risk at any restaurant.

The waitstaff was polite and friendly but not overbearing. Maybe a little slow on taking note of empty soft drink and water glasses and offering refills.

If I were to return to Yakima and needed a pleasant place to enjoy dinner with companions or friends, I would not hesitate to return.

Been to Second Street Grill? Share your experiences!