Lowest prices for your stay
US$122
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/30
Hotels.com
BestWestern.com
Orbitz.com
All reviews a great stay potatoes place to stay waffles the ground floor hot breakfast pool and hot tub many choices breakfast was excellent definitely stay here again free breakfast clean rooms comfortable bed lobby freeway driveway internet
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2021

I checked into this hotel on 8/28. When we got to our room we noticed the hotel door was propped open with a towel. Once we entered the room we walked into an offensive smell. It smelled like dead fish. We were told they could not change rooms for they were fully booked. We opened the windows, and plugged in a wax warmer to help with the smell. The attendant on duty came in and agreed there was a smell and sprayed some lemon spray that they use to get rid of smoke smell. We then closed everything up and heading out for a wedding, When we returned 5 hours later we were hit with the smell again. We went to the front desk where they said they couldn't do anything for us other than to spray the lemon spray again. We decided to drive back the 1.5 hours back to Olympia at night after a long day. As we were leaving the guy in the room next to us came out of his room, told us he could smell the fish smell in the hallway and that it was BS they were not doing anything for us. We were told we could not get a refund that night and would need to check in with with Manager Jessica on Monday. We messaged the manager on Monday who said that she and her staff investigated to find the smell and there was nothing in the room, Funny, she works Monday through Friday and we left Saturday night. Smells do dissipate, but doesn't mean it wasn't there on Saturday. Why was the room kept open with a towel? According to the manager it was because the skipped the inspection cause they gave us early check in? I have never checked into a room before that was kept open with a towel and then walked into an offensive odor. Think we were trying to air out the room??? Regardless, Jessica emailed me back and said there could have been a number of things that caused the odor, but since it was not there upon her investigation (minimally 12 hours later) and that her staff told her didn't smell the fish smell but did smell the wax warmer, she refused to give any refund. Now, we did book through Expedia and Expedia was willing to give the refund, but needed the Manager's approval which she refused, She did offer Best western dollars at half the value of what I paid. Really? We even went to corporate, but they basically said a refund was based on Jessica's decision. What happened to customer service? This hotel was almost $200 for the night and the last thing I wanted to do was drive back to Olympia, but I refused to sleep in a room that smelled like dead fish. Clearly this is my fault! I would never recommend staying here, The staff was unprofessional and the manager was even worse.

Date of stay: August 2021
General Manager, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Good Morning Ms. Adams and Mr. Brooks,
Again, I do apologize for your experience at our location. I do appreciate your bringing this to our attention so we could assist you in every way possible. As I had mentioned, during our conversation we did pull this room out of service after your departure to further assess the situation. As I had mentioned to you; myself and two other co workers went through this room piece by piece as we smelled nothing upon entering the room. Further, as I had mentioned; the notes from the initial agent state she could not smell anything other than the wax warmer you had brought with you and plugged in; noting that she smelled a floral type smell upon entering the room. As a courtesy, at your request, she sprayed a very powerful room commercial room deodorizer made with enzymes made which will neutralize any room odor. She did also note that there was a minor conversation that was had upon check in. While booking and pre-paying for your room through a third party she did notate you were unhappy you were given an ADA room. The agent did explain that is what you had selected that room while booking through Expedia and she was unable to change your room type.
You had mentioned that you thought someone was airing out the room from a potential smell. As I had explained to you; typically our rooms are left open for a secondary quality check. This allows our inspection team to move easily in and out of the room for inspection purposes. It also helps us identify rooms that have been completed and awaiting inspection. As you had shown up early and wanted to get into your room prior to the check in time; and the agent knew our head housekeeper was the one cleaning your room in particular she felt we could forgo the quality check to accommodate you for an early check in so you could prepare for the wedding. As mentioned; it is a common practice to leave the doors open for a secondary check and to close them prior to the guaranteed check in time and/or after all rooms have had a secondary inspection; whichever occurs first.
As mentioned the second agent also documented he only smelled the mixture of the lemon scent and floral smell upon entering your room. He also tried to assist by spraying additional deodorizer at your request.
After my inspection; I did pull the room rental history to see if any complaints had been logged; or if any room changes had happened involving this room in particular. As I mentioned that room had been rented for several stays consecutively throughout the past prior to your check in. As I mentioned there had been no room changes, and/or complaints involving this room. As our correspondence went over several days and occurred later into the week as well; I had let you know that the room did return to service; and we did have someone who had stayed in the room for several days and checked out that Friday.
It was noted there were no instances within this room during his stay.
With the information I had on hand; knowing there had been those in the room before and after your stay without a single incident; I had inspected the room myself with empty results, reviewed the agents statements in addition to speaking them I offered you compensation in the form of Best Western points in the amount of up to half the room cost given the transaction had already been completed by the third party. I did explain to you that you could trade those points in for things such as a pre-paid master card or amazon card and you had declined that option explaining your intent was to address your concern through the cooperate office and this is brand is not the brand you typically stay with.
I did mention to you and was very clear that any reasoning for the distasteful smell you experienced while in your room was my speculation and my speculation only. I assure you that I took this complaint very seriously. My decision was not made lightly without a lot of thought. On the contrary, it was based off the room history, the occupant at the time, agent notations and accounts in addition to my own inspection and findings. I can understand and am also very frustrated with the situation as it is no easy task to sit on this side of the desk and do everything within your power to assist our guests and receive this degrading type of feedback.
We do wish you the best of luck in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2021

A dark parking lot, needed room repairs, low water pressure, and slow internet are just a few of the issues that I had on my return visit to this location in Woodland. Hopefully, the management will be able to get a few things straightened out, but I don't think that I will be returning again after this stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
General Manager, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Good Morning,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I do apologize you did not enjoy your stay at our location. We do thank you for your feedback as this is what helps us become a better Best Western. We do hope to see you again so we can exceed your expectations.
Thank you!

Reviewed 6 August 2021

Hotel was nice and clean so we’re the rooms however they have very limited parking and the crew weren’t understanding of the situation.. my rating is overall due to staff and not the condition of the room the room was great

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
General Manager, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2021

Good Morning Tyler,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review concerning your stay. I am so glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I do apologize our parking was limited during the time of your stay. It is never an easy task to sit on our side of the desk and explain to our guests of our limited parking situation and any oversized vehicles and/or additional vehicles must utilize street side parking; despite warnings on many online platforms. We do understand many special situations with circumstances may arise and are very conscious of that fact; unfortunately we can allow only one car per room to utilize the main parking lot. I do apologize for the inconvieance you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2021

Josh at the front desk is incredibly unhelpful and flippant. The Jacuzzi was greenish/brown, smelled bad and only 1 jet was operational. The pool was so cloudy when children jumped in they disappeared into the water. Fitted bed sheets were on inside out leading me to believe it was not changed from the previous guest and mealy turned inside out for the next person to sleep on. Bathroom fixtures were falling off the wall, someone's spray from their toothbrush was on the wall and artwork in the bathroom.

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
General Manager, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay! I do apologize for your experience while at our property! Thank you so much for letting me know of the cleanliness issues you had experienced in your room during your stay. Our housekeeping team does pride themselves on the work they do in each and every room; but it does sound like some of our recently hired housekeepers fell short forgetting some of the finer details that go into your experience. I will be sure to bring this up during our next team meeting; again thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! We do hope you will stop by again to see us; we do appreciate your time to make us a better Best Western!

Reviewed 29 June 2021 via mobile

We decided to escape the 100+ degree Seattle weather for a weekend trip to the Ilani Casino and this hotel was the closes to our destination.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, in room AC works great, lobby is clean, staff polite & professional, landscaping is well maintained, pool clean, nightly prices reasonable. Weekend front desk "Christina" & her team along with housekeeping made our first time at this Best Western not be our last time. Next time we return to Ilani Casino we will not hesitate to stay here again. Thanks for great weekend Best Western family!

Btw: The complimentary morning breakfast options are a great touch!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Good Morning Ronald,
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and gave our team an opportunity to work with you! We do hope to see you again soon! Thank you!